- Walking tour
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Tirana Explore Albania's colourful capital on foot
- Lake Ohrid Spend time in Pogradec overlooking the famous lake
- Benja Enjoy a picturesque walk through the mountain scenery and a glass of raki with local villagers
- Butrint Discover one of the great archaeological sites in the Balkans
Still emerging from isolation Albania's wealth of historic sites, charming rural villages and the colourful capital, Tirana, are all waiting to be discovered. Along the way explore the Adriatic Coast, the White Mountains and peaceful shores of Lake Ohrid. Butrint - Discover one of the greatest archaeological sites in the Balkans Llogara National Park - Explore one of the most unspoilt places in the Adriatic Gjirokastra - Stroll along the cobbled streets of this UNESCO-Listed town and visit its hilltop castle
Day 1 : Join trip in Tirana
Day 2 : Visit to Petrela Fortress and walking tour of Tirana
Day 3 : See Elbasan Fortress and drive to Lake Ohrid
Day 4 : Drive to Korca via the medieval town of Voskopoja
Day 5 : Scenic drive to Permeti and walk through the Benja countryside
Day 6 : Drive through the mountains to old Balkan town of Gjirokastra
Day 7 : Explore Butrint, one of the greatest archaeological sites in the Balkans
Day 8 : Visit Ali Pasha's Fortress; stay in Llogora National Park
Day 9 : Visit ancient Apollonia and Vlora en route to Berat
Day 10 : Walking tour of Berat and Durresi
Day 11 : Trip ends in Kruja
- 10 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Hotel Vila Tafaj (2 nights)
- Enkelana Hotel (1 night)
- Hotel Grand Palace (1 night)
- Hotel Alvero (1 night)
- Hotel Cajupi (1 night)
- Hotel Brilanti (1 night)
- Hotel Alpin (1 night)
- Hotel Mangalemi (1 night)
- Hotel Panorama (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to Tirana and from Kruje are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Albania tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 42+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Albania tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Albania tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Albania tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.