- Walking tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- age_requirement 15+ years old
- Bhutan is perhaps the most mysterious and diverse of all the Himalayan kingdoms, where for centuries a traditional Buddhist culture has thrived in isolation from the rest of the world.
- It is a land of contrast – with lush forested valleys, fortified monasteries, sacred mountains, art and architecture unique to the region.
- The captial Thimphu is charming and serene, a delight to explore.
- The opportunity to explore the rural lifestyle and architecture of Bhutan via the beautiful Punakha and Haa Valleys
Bhutan is perhaps the most mysterious and diverse of all the Himalayan kingdoms, where for centuries a traditional Buddhist culture has thrived in isolation from the rest of the world. It is a country that puts its people and environment first – a place where progress is measured in gross national happiness not GDP, and that’s not just carbon neutral, but carbon negative. It’s a place of lush forested valleys, fortified monasteries, sacred mountains, and art and architecture unique to the region. This journey begins in Paro and heads straight to Thimphu, where there are two days to discover the history and heritage of this charming and serene capital. Walk in the countryside and back in time with visits to the beautiful Punakha and Haa Valleys. Here the rural lifestyle and architecture of Bhutan is explored before returning to Paro. Finish with a true highlight – the spectacular Taktsang (the Tiger’s Nest), a small monastery clinging to a rocky cliff 900 metres above the valley floor. A journey through the astonishing beauty of the people, landscape and culture of Bhutan will have your happiness levels off the scale.
Paro – Thimphu
Tiger's Nest Monastery – Paro
- Comfortable Hotel (6 nights), Paro Spa Hotel Feature Stay (2 nights)
- 8 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Private vehicle
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Thimpu - Folk & Heritage Museum
- Thimpu - National Library
- Punakha Valley - Chimi Lhakhang
- Punakha - Punakha Dzong
- Paro - Tadzong Museum & Trongsa Dzong
- Paro - Taktsang (Tiger's Nest) Monastery hike
- Complimentary Airport Departure Transfer
- Any international flights to Thimphu and from Paro are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Bhutan: Dragon Kingdom tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 131+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bhutan: Dragon Kingdom tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 March 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bhutan: Dragon Kingdom tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bhutan: Dragon Kingdom tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Due to the high altitude of the places we visit some people can suffer altitude sickness, regardless of age, gender or fitness. It even happened to Sir Edmund Hillary! Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
- The hike to Tiger’s Nest can be strenuous. The trek can take up to 5 hours and reach an altitude of 3120 metres.
- In Bhutan short distances can take much longer due to small, narrow roads and mountain passes.
- Motion sickness can be an issue on longer driving days on windy roads.
- All meals are included due to the nature of travelling in Bhutan. This means there may be limited choices on some days.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Climate and seasonal