Exotic, amazing, enchanting. Mere words cannot describe the joy of visiting one of the beautiful and exciting countries in Asia. The presence of numerous islands and two coastlines ensures a holiday in Thailand to be filled with various beaches. From crowded cosmopolitan beaches to secluded tropical getaways, you can really satiate your desires for the perfect beach holiday here. Thailand is a country that has something for everyone. Whether you’re traveling alone, as a couple or with your family, a trip to Thailand will have all the right options to customize your itinerary and add attractions that suit your tastes and preferences.
- Visit the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary just outside Chiang Mai
- Snorkel with the fish in Maya Bay
- Take a boat ride from Phuket to the Phi Phi Islands and Monkey Beach
- Climb the 300 intricately carved steps to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep temple
- Take in panoramic views from the seat of Big Buddha in Kron, Phuket
- Float from vendor to vendor at Bangkok’s floating markets
- Swim beneath the waterfalls of Erawan National Park
- Thailand’s glittery beaches are one of its biggest charms, but those golden temples are equally worthy of your time.
- The most fun way to get around Thailand is by tuk-tuk, which offers fantastic views along the way. Most of these open-air ‘taxis’ are blue and have three wheels, except for the red tuk-tuks of Phuket (some of which have sound systems and neon lights).
- When visiting holy sites, be sure to bring a shawl so you can cover up your shoulders and knees. Also be prepared to remove your shoes before entering a temple or person’s home.
- The most common greeting in Thailand is to bring your hands together in a prayer-like fashion and bow, accompanied with a “Sawatdee-kah” for males or a “Sawatdee-krap” for females. Be sure to return this gesture as a show of respect.
- Thai people are extremely friendly and generous. Don’t be surprised if a local starts to strike up a random conversation, particularly in the markets.
- Make your visit to Thailand is an ethical one. Research whether a tour company’s practices are socially responsible, particularly if visiting elephants or hill tribes.
Thailand has seasonal weather so please do check up on best time to visit Thailand before planning your tour.