- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the captivating Old City of Jerusalem and the vibrant seaside cities of Tel Aviv and Old Jaffa
- Trek through the breathtaking archaeological treasures of the magnificent Red Rose City of Petra
- Take a dip in the Dead Sea
- Experience the unique Kibbutzim lifestyle
Journey along ancient pilgrimage trails to experience the highlights of Israel and Jordan. The story of Abraham, Ibrahim, the 'Friend of God' - as he has been named in Jewish, Christian and Islamic tradition - is the beginning of Monotheism. Abraham is perceived in all monotheistic traditions as the ultimate host, opening his tent to any person in need. In this spirit we encounter the culture and places, share the food and the hospitality of the people of the three Abrahamic religions we meet along the way. This comprehensive journey goes beyond the usual touring and biblical itinerary with day walks amongst the most iconic sights and the myriad landscapes of Israel and Jordan. From vibrant seaside Tel Aviv to the captivating Old City of Jerusalem and the renowned holy sites of Nazareth, Galilee and Bethlehem. We hike in the Golan Heights and to the majestic fortress of Masada overlooking the Dead Sea, follow remote pilgrimage trails through the Judaean Desert to the ancient byzantine Chariton Monastery, and experience the unique Kibbutzim lifestyle. We also visit many sites of historical significance and natural beauty in Jordan with walks to the magnificent Red Rose City of Petra and Dana Nature Reserve, breathtaking Wadi Rum under the stars, and the impressive Greco-Roman ruins of Jerash, making this an all-encompassing and memorable adventure.
In the east, where the jagged, snow capped peaks of the Kanchenjunga region jut skyward between rocky passes and boulder strewn glaciers.
In the west, where the thick, green juniper forests grow bravely in steep ravines that gradually give way to high, shaley windswept plateaus.
In the Everest region, where the magnificent mountain itself stands shoulder to shoulder with its fellow 8,000 metre peaks, and in the Makalu region, where the stars are so bright, the Milky Way paints a vibrant white stripe across the inky sky.
Our World Expeditions team was absolutely amazing - Skilled, caring and wise beyond words. We very quickly became part of their Nepalese family and settled into a wonderful daily routine immersed in their culture, and in the elements, with our backpacks, trekking poles and our little yellow tents. If you are thinking of trekking the Great Himalaya Trail, Id say do it, you will have an incredible life changing experience.”
Day 1 : Join Tel Aviv, transfer to Nazareth
Day 2 : Visit Sea of Galilee, Tabgha, Mt of Beatitudes and Capernaum
Day 3 : Hike and wine tasting in the Golan Heights and Kibbutz tour
Day 4 : Border crossing into Jordan, visit Jerash
Day 5 : Visit Madaba mosaic, hike in Dana Nature Reserve
Day 6 : Trek from Little Petra to Petra
Day 7 : Visit Petra, transfer to Wadi Rum bedouin camp
Day 8 : Jeep exploration & hike in Wadi Rum, border crossing into Israel
Day 9 : Hike to Masada, swim in the Dead Sea
Day 10 : Hike to Chariton Monastery, enter Jerusalem
Day 11 : Walking tour of Old City of Jerusalem, afternoon free at leisure
Day 12 : Hike to Bethlehem, return to Jerusalem, afternoon free at leisure
Day 13 : Visit Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial, Tel Aviv and Old Jaffa walking tour
Day 14 : Morning free at leisure, transfer to Tel Aviv airport, trip concludes
- 8 nights in 3 star hotels on a twinshare basis
- 13 breakfasts and 13 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 14 only)
- Private transport
- English speaking local guides in Israel and Jordan
- 4 nights in Kibbutzim on a twinshare basis
- 1 night in Bedouin camp on a twinshare tent basis
- Wadi Rum 4WD tour
- Entrance fees and sightseeing as listed in itinerary
- International flights and airport taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Visas and Border taxes
- Medical treatment
- Items of a personal nature - eg. laundry, drinks, phone calls, spending money
- Excess baggage costs
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the itinerary
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Airport transfers if not arriving/departing on Days 1 & 14
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 206 today.
- Earn US$ 137+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Israel and Jordan: Walking in the Footsteps of Abraham tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Israel and Jordan: Walking in the Footsteps of Abraham tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Israel and Jordan: Walking in the Footsteps of Abraham tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.