- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-21846
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Explore a spectrum of landscapes & historic sites
- Visit some of the world's most important religious sites
- Ascend the Roman rampart to legendary Masada Sky fortress
Explore the Holy Land's greatest religious sites and inspiring landscapes; roam through the historical streets of Jerusalem and dip in the saline waters of the Dead Sea at the lowest point on earth. Spend a night under the stars in a traditional Bedouin-style desert camp before ascending Masada's Sky Fortress at sunrise, and taste delicious Middle Eastern cuisine as you travel through the country.
Tel Aviv - Discover the cosmopolitan atmosphere of Israel's second city on the coast of the Mediterranean
Biblical Landscapes - See world famous holy sites including the Sea of Galilee and Jericho
Bethlehem - Visit the biblical birthplace of Jesus Christ and the Church of the Nativity
Day 1 : Join trip in Tel Aviv
Day 2 : Tel Aviv city tour, then explore Old Jaffa, Caesarea and Haifa
Day 3 : Visit Sea of Galilee and holy places of Capernahum; afternoon tour of Nazareth
Day 4 : Visit Jericho, Dead Sea float and sleep in the desert
Day 5 : Visit the sky fortress of Masada at sunrise, take a camel ride and walk in Ein Gedi Nature Reserve. A free evening in Jerusalem
Day 6 : Exploring Jerusalem
Day 7 : Walking the biblical trail in Jerusalem
Day 8 : Trip ends in Jerusalem
- 7 Breakfasts, 3 Dinners
- Lighthouse Hotel by Browns Hotels (1 night)
- Kibbutz Degania Bet (2 nights)
- Kfar Hanokdim (1 night)
- Hotel Caesar Premier (3 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to Tel Aviv and from Jerusalem are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Israel tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Save US$ 139 today.
- Earn US$ 92+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Israel tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 November 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 November 2023, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Israel tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Israel tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.
- What is the best time to visit Israel?
Is it safe to travel to Israel?
Other than the contested areas of Gaza and the West Bank, the majority of Israel is safe for traveling. The government has ensured a high level of protection for travelers by mobilizing security personnel and installing surveillance systems everywhere. Still, it is always advisable to keep your valuable belongings safe.
- What is the currency of Israel?
What language is spoken in Israel? Is English common?
The national language of Israel is Hebrew. Yet, Arabic, Russian, and a few other secondary languages are also used by locals. Tourists will be fine conversing with the people in English, as it is spoken throughout Israel. Most documents are also available in Hebrew and English, making it easy for foreigners visiting the country.
Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Israel?
Israel grants visas on arrival, which are valid for 90 days. And in order to travel to the country, you must have a passport that is valid for more than six months. Some countries are provided with visas for free, while others will have to pay for it. There are also some nationalities who are restricted from entering the country. So, it is always a good idea to check the visa issuance protocol between your country and Israel.