- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Guided tour of Golestan Palace in Tehran
- Learn about Iran's fascinating history at the National Museum
- See the spectacular Dome of Soltaniyeh
- Wander through the ancient bazaar of Tabriz, the largest covered market in the world
This tour connects
Turkey and Iran, two fascinating and deeply historic countries on the
crossroads between the East and West. Turkey has been invaded from
nearly every direction in the course of its history which makes it a
melting pot of influences, a captivating mix of familiar and strange;
meanwhile Iran is one of the world's best kept travel secrets, an
incredibly hospitable land of striking natural beauty, its varied
landscape comprising mountains, salt-plains, steppes, beaches,
forests and deserts, as well as beautiful tiled mosques and other
Between them they have
no shortage of wonderful places to explore, including the Blue Mosque
and Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, the battlefields on the Gallipoli
Peninsula and the ruins of the lost city of Troy, the Dome of
Soltaniyeh, the historic Bazaar of Tabriz and the colourful
Prometheus Caves. We also take a guided tour of the unworldy
geological wonder of Cappadocia with its magical hoodoos and
undulating valleys of pink and white rock.
Day 1: Tehran
Day 2: Zanjan
Day 3: Tabriz
Day 4: Dogubayazit
Day 5: Lake Nemrut
Day 6: Mount Nemrut
Day 7: Goreme
Day 8: Goreme
Day 9: Egirdir
Day 10: Olympos
Day 11: Olympos
Day 12: Pamukkale
Day 13: Selcuk
Day 14: Selcuk
Day 15: Gallipoli
Day 16: Istanbul
Day 17: Istanbul
- Overland Expedition Vehicle
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Crew Member in certain areas
- 3 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 3 Dinner
- Any international flights to Tehran and from Istanbul are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Turkey and Tehran Trails tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 111 today.
- Earn US$ 74+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Turkey and Tehran Trails tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Turkey and Tehran Trails tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Turkey and Tehran Trails tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.