- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Isfahan Discover the splendours of Iran's most iconic city
- Persepolis The ancient Persian city, capital of Darius the Great
- Yazd One of main centres of the Zoroastrian religion
- Shiraz The Narenjestan gardens and the Nasir alMulk Mosque
This comprehensive tour uncovers the treasures of ancient Persia whilst offering a fabulous insight into life in modern day Iran. We visit sites including the Towers of Silence in Yadz, the impressive cliff-face rock tombs at Naqsh-e Rustam and the Persian city ruins at Persepolis. Time is spent exploring the bustling capital city, Tehran and soaking up the atmosphere of the impressive Imam Square in Isfahan, where we'll experience the warmth and hospitality of the Iranian people.
Explore's estimate of daily spending was way out.. .meals were about £2 - the most we paid was £5 (once!).
Overall, it was a brilliant trip... we were very lucky to have Reza as our guide. The Iranian people were incredibly welcoming, open and hospitable. The places we visited were stunning, and I'd recommend the trip to anyone.”
Day 1 : Join trip in Tehran
Day 2 : Exploring in Tehran
Day 3 : Travel down to Yazd
Day 4 : In Yazd, visit the Towers of Silence and Zoroastrian fire temples
Day 5 : Head to Shiraz, stop at an ice house and a 4000 year old cypress tree
Day 6 : In Shiraz, explore the Narenjestan gardens and the Nasir Al-Molk Mosque
Day 7 : Visit Naqsh-e Rustam and the legendary Persepolis
Day 8 : Visit the palaces and pavilions in Pasargade, drive to Isfahan
Day 9 : Explore stunning Isfahan, including the Shah Mosque, regarded as the masterpiece of Persian architecture
Day 10 : Explore the beautiful city of Isfahan
Day 11 : To the mountain village of Abyaneh, on the slopes of Mount Karas
Day 12 : Return to Tehran via Kashan, famous for traditional silk and textile weaving
Day 13 : In Tehran; further exploration of this atmospheric city
Day 14 : Trip ends in Tehran
- 13 Breakfast, 1 Dinner
- 13 nights comfortable hotel
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Tehran are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Treasures of Iran tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 125 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 83 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 238 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 13 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Treasures of Iran tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Treasures of Iran tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.