- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 27 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Your local leaders are on hand each day to bridge connections with the locals, give you an insight into each country’s rich history and take you to the best bazaars and cafes, making your adventures in these intriguing countries a breeze.
- Stroll the ancient streets of Ephesus, uncover the secrets of Sagalassos, explore the former city of Persepolis, visit the legendary ruins of Troy and discover Istanbul’s Blue Mosque, Hippodrome and the Million.
- Experience the joys of Persian and Turkish cuisine with welcome dinners of local specialties, dinners in the homes of local families in Taft and Cappadocia, a visit to a traditional sweet shop in Yazd and a freshly prepared lunch on board a boat cruise in Kas.
- Step into a fairy tale at Cappadocia’s enchanting Splendid Cave Hotel, where you’ll enjoy elegantly decorated rooms carved from stone and priceless views of the ethereal landscape.
Explore Iran and Turkey on a 27-day Premium adventure, encompassing the best of these historically and culturally rich countries. Go behind the headlines and uncover the true Iran, a welcoming country of open-hearted people. From breath-taking mosques to stepped hillside villages, Ancient Persepolis and Zoroastrian towers, the beauty of the Iranian landscape is a reflection of its inhabitants. Journey to Turkey, a land of infinite variety that mixes the cosmopolitan delights of Istanbul with ancient cities and natural wonders. Visit a dazzling architectural world, from the Blue Mosque and Ephesus, to the bizarre rock-landscape of Cappadocia.
First Hotel in Ubud should be changed (smell in the room, dark)
Last Hotel in Sanur must be changed. After the other hotels, this standard "business" hotel is not an adequate end of the tour. Simply no atmosphere”
- Comfortable hotel (21 nights), Feature Stay (5 nights)
- 26 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Boat , Plane
- An expert tour leader
- Tehran - Welcome Dinner
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Tehran - City Tour
- Tehran - National Museum of Iran
- Tehran - Golestan Palace
- Tehran - Old Bazaar
- Kashan -Tabatabaei Historical House
- Kashan - Bazaar
- Kashan - Fin Gardens (entrance fee and guide)
- Kashan - Home-cooked Dinner
- Yazd - Traditional sweet shop visit and tasting
- Yazd - Zoroastrian Fire Altar and Towers of Silence
- Yazd - Amir Chakhmaq Complex
- Yazd - City Tour
- Yazd - Home-cooked Dinner
- Abarkooh - Cypress of Abarkooh
- Abarkooh - Ice Houses
- Shiraz - Saadi and Hafez Tombs
- Shiraz - Eram Garden
- Shiraz - City Tour
- Shiraz - Nasir al-Mulk Mosque
- Shiraz - Vakil Bazaar
- Shiraz - Aramgah-e Shah-e Cheragh
- Persepolis - Entrance and guided tour
- Persepolis - Naqsh-e Rustam Necropolis
- Pasargad - Pasargadae (entrance fee and guide)
- Esfahan - Si-o-Seh Pol Bridge
- Esfahan - Qeysarie Bazaar
- Esfahan - Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque
- Esfahan - Naqsh-e Jahan Square
- Esfahan - Ali Qapu Palace
- Esfahan - City Tour
- Esfahan - Vank Cathedral
- Tehran - Tabiat Nature Bridge
- Qom - Shrine of Fatima Masumeh
- Istanbul - City Tour
- Istanbul - Blue Mosque
- Istanbul - Welcome Dinner
- Gallipoli - Anzac Cove, Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair
- Troy - Archaeological site visit
- Selcuk - Cooking class
- Selcuk - Leader-led orientation walk
- Ephesus - Archaeological site visit
- Sirince - Fruit wine tasting
- Pamukkale - Hierapolis and Travertines National Park
- Kayakoy - Village visit
- Kas - Leader-led orientation walk
- Kas - Sailing trip with seafood lunch
- Sagalassos - Archaeological site visit
- Antalya - Leader-led orientation walk
- Antalya - Antalya Museum
- Konya - Mevlana Museum
- Cappadocia - Leader-led orientation walk
- Cappadocia - Sunset drinks
- Cappadocia - Valley walk
- Cappadocia - Goreme Open Air Museum
- Cappadocia - Carpet weaving co-op
- Cappadocia - Pottery demonstration
- Cappadocia - Ozkonak Underground City
- Cappadocia - Kizilcukur Valley
- Cappadocia - Home-cooked dinner
- Any international flights to Tehran and from Istanbul are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Premium Iran & Turkey tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 268+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Premium Iran & Turkey tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Premium Iran & Turkey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Premium Iran & Turkey tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. It is very important that you adhere to a strict dress code – particularly for women – in what may be quite warm weather. Upon arrival in Iran, all women must wear a headscarf and must also have their arms and legs covered. Men must also be conservatively dressed.
- Alcohol is strictly forbidden in Iran and severe penalties will be incurred by anyone attempting to bring it into the country. Drug laws are also extremely strict, and travellers face lengthy jail terms if caught. Other prohibited items include pork, material deemed obscene by Iranian law (which can include non-pornographic materials like fashion magazines), and controversial literature. These will all be confiscated by customs officials. Upon arrival, you as a foreigner will likely be whisked through customs but note that random bag checks do occur.
- It's becoming increasingly difficult to confirm preferred hotels in Iran due to limited four-star options in the region. While we will always look to the next suitable alternative, in some cases these may not be centrally located. It's important to note that local star ratings may not match those you are used to. In some locations, the three-star hotels are a better quality (and location) than the four-star hotels and are priced accordingly.
- Iran and Turkey are big countires and you’ll cover a lot in two weeks, which means some long travel days and a busy itinerary. All land travel is in private air-conditioned buses, with regular stops along the way.
- In 2022, Ramadan will take place from 2 April to 1 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience. However, some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers