- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit Yazd – once a major stop along the ancient Silk Road – and discover the role religion plays in the city, from the impressive Jameh Mosque to the Zoroastrian towers and temples.
- Experience the joys of Persian cuisine during a welcome dinner of north Iranian specialties in Tehran, dinner in the home of a local family in Kashan, a visit to a traditional sweet shop in Yazd and a home cooked meal with a Zoroastrian couple in Taft.
- Explore one of the greatest cities of antiquity in Persepolis. The relief carvings and towering columns will leave you in no doubt that this was once the centre of the known world.
- Spend two fabulous evenings in your feature stay accommodation – the Dad Hotel in Yazd. Enjoy traditionally decorated rooms paired with fabulous facilities and an enviable location in the heart of the city.
Admired by many and explored by few, Iran’s spellbinding history and enchanting culture make it a destination like no other. Discover Ancient Persia on a 13-day Premium round-trip from Tehran and come face to face with glittering mosques, quiet hillside villages and dazzling bazaars. Learn what it means to be local during priceless interactions with Iran’s kind-hearted people and uncover a nation with so many stories to tell.
- Comfortable hotel (10 nights), Feature Stay (2 nights)
- 12 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 4 Dinners
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Tehran - Welcome Dinner
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Tehran - City Tour
- Tehran - National Museum of Iran
- Tehran - Golestan Palace
- Tehran - Old Bazaar
- Kashan -Tabatabaei Historical House
- Kashan - Bazaar
- Kashan - Fin Gardens (entrance fee and guide)
- Kashan - Home-cooked Dinner
- Yazd - Traditional sweet shop visit and tasting
- Yazd - Zoroastrian Fire Altar and Towers of Silence
- Yazd - Amir Chakhmaq Complex
- Yazd - City Tour
- Yazd - Home-cooked Dinner
- Abarkooh - Cypress of Abarkooh
- Abarkooh - Ice Houses
- Shiraz - Saadi and Hafez Tombs
- Shiraz - Eram Garden
- Shiraz - City Tour
- Shiraz - Nasir al-Mulk Mosque
- Shiraz - Vakil Bazaar
- Shiraz - Aramgah-e Shah-e Cheragh
- Persepolis - Entrance and guided tour
- Persepolis - Naqsh-e Rustam Necropolis
- Pasargad - Pasargadae (entrance fee and guide)
- Esfahan - Si-o-Seh Pol Bridge
- Esfahan - Qeysarie Bazaar
- Esfahan - Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque
- Esfahan - Naqsh-e Jahan Square
- Esfahan - Ali Qapu Palace
- Esfahan - City Tour
- Esfahan - Vank Cathedral
- Tehran - Tabiat Nature Bridge
- Qom - Shrine of Fatima Masumeh
- Any international flights to/from Tehran are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Premium Iran tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 119+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Premium Iran tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Premium Iran tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Premium Iran tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. It is very important that you adhere to a strict dress code – particularly for women – in what may be quite warm weather. Upon arrival in Iran, all women must wear a headscarf and must also have their arms and legs covered. Men must also be conservatively dressed.
- Alcohol is strictly forbidden in Iran and severe penalties will be incurred by anyone attempting to bring it into the country. Drug laws are also extremely strict, and travellers face lengthy jail terms if caught. Other prohibited items include pork, material deemed obscene by Iranian law (which can include non-pornographic materials like fashion magazines), and controversial literature. These will all be confiscated by customs officials. Upon arrival, you as a foreigner will likely be whisked through customs but note that random bag checks do occur.
- It's becoming increasingly difficult to confirm preferred hotels due to limited four-star options in the region. While we will always look to the next suitable alternative, in some cases these may not be centrally located. It's important to note that local star ratings may not match those you are used to. In some locations, the three-star hotels are a better quality (and location) than the four-star hotels and are priced accordingly.
- Iran is a big country and you’ll cover a lot in two weeks, which means some long travel days and a busy itinerary. All land travel is in private air-conditioned buses, with regular stops along the way.
- In 2022, Ramadan will take place from 2 April to 1 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience. However, some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers