- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy the Persian hospitality of a local Iranian family
- Sample homecooked Persian cuisine and learn how to prepare your favourite local dishes
- Breathe in the fresh air and take in the view on the slopes of Tochal Mountain
- Hop on the longest metro line in the Middle East and experience riding the subway like a local
Join us for a truly authentic experience of Persian hospitality. Meet a local family in their home for enlightening conversation over a delicious home cooked meal. Learn how to prepare the best local culinary delights and experience how an Iranian family lives and entertains their guests.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to current government restrictions in Iran, American, Canadian, and British nationals may only join a Tehran Urban Adventure if they are travelling as part of an Intrepid tour. Urban Adventures tours in Tehran can only be scheduled for the day immediately before your Intrepid tour starts, or the day immediately after your Intrepid tour ends. Travellers of these nationalities must travel as part of an organised tour and are not permitted to be in Iran longer than one day before or one day after their tour ends. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Tehran tour begins with a ride on the longest metro line in the Middle East, where you’ll experience rapid local transportation that carries over 2 million people in and around the city daily. During the journey, be prepared that locals may come over for a chat and you’ll start to get a sense of Persian hospitality (and curiosity) right from the get go!
A short walk from the station, we’ll arrive at the home of a local Persian family where we’ll be welcomed into their home for a meal. With the help of your bilingual guide, we’ll get to know the family and experience their openness in discussing any topic from cultural traditions to political issues. It is a unique opportunity to experience Iranian life up close and personal.
To truly understand Persian hospitality, you have to share a meal together. Persian food served at home is often very different to what is on restaurant menus. With the diversity of ethnic groups in Iran, there is a huge variety of local cuisine. Your hosts will explain how to prepare the dishes you’ll be sampling and give you an idea of the main flavours and local ingredients of Persian food.
After learning about local life, culture, and filling up on Persian delicacies, we’ll walk off our meal with a short walking tour of the surrounding neighbourhood before taking the subway back to Ferdowsi subway station. On the way, you’ll have a chance to quiz your guide about the best authentic places to continue your enjoyment of Persian hospitality
- Transportation from the subway station to and from the family home
- Local English-speaking guide
- Items of a personal nature
- tips or gratuities for drivers or guides.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Persian Hospitality tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 95 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Persian Hospitality tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Persian Hospitality tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Entrance to Ferdowsi subway station - Google map GPS location: 35.701194,51.418878Meeting end point :
Entrance to Ferdowsi subway statioCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.