- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Shop for produce in a lively Iranian bazaar, prepare the food alongside local cooks and then feast on a fivecourse meal of ageold secret recipes with your new friends.
- Enjoy a picnic in one of Iran’s women’sonly parks, one of the few places women can enjoy the sunshine without a hijab.
- Immerse yourself in rural nomadic life on a beautifully remote homestay with the Qashqai people. Enjoy a meal, sing songs, try on the local dress, and give breadbaking a go.
- Step inside the fascinating hidden world of an Iranian beauty salon. You’ll see that these are oases for many local women, providing a safe space for them to relax and (literally) let their hair down.
Discover culture and comradery from the perspective of local women on this female-only expedition in Iran. Spend 12 days exploring with a local female leader and a group of female travellers and partake in a range of experiences otherwise off limits to mixed gender groups. Step inside the hidden world of an Iranian beauty salon, wander through a women-only park, and travel by public transport in the women-only carriage of the metro, local buses and an overnight train. Experience rural nomadic life with Qashqai people, meet female entrepreneurs and learn secret recipes from those in the know. This trip will expose you to a range of fascinating local women – young and old, religious and secular, conservative and liberal.
Before booking on this trip we recommend that you read the ‘Safety’ section in the Essential Trip Information regarding special safety considerations for Iran trips.
Different landscapes. lakes and Bungle Bungles let you understand more about this wild Kimberley. If you like hiking,
swimming and drinking Champagne at the same time in the
Lake Agryle, go.”
- Hotel (10 nights), Home Stay (1 night)
- 11 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Metro , Train Private Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Tehran - Welcome Dinner
- Tehran -Treasury of National Jewels
- Tehran - Market shopping & Persian cooking class
- Tehran - Orientation walk
- Yazd - Jameh Mosque of Yazd
- Yazd - Amir Chakmaq
- Yazd - Water Museum
- Yazd -Zoroastrian Lunch and Village Visit
- Yazd - Fire Temple and Towers of Silence visit
- Abarkooh - Ice Houses
- Shiraz - Aramgah-e Shah-e Cheragh
- Shiraz - Women's only park
- Shiraz - Women's only Yoga Class
- Shiraz - Bakery visit
- Shiraz - Nasir al-Mulk Mosque
- Shiraz - Vakil Bazaar
- Shiraz -Carpet Work Shop
- Persepolis - Entrance and guided tour
- Shiraz - Home cooked meal
- Shiraz - Women's only Beauty Salon
- Esfahan - Khaju & Si-o-seh Pol Bridges
- Esfahan - Esfahan Music Museum
- Esfahan - Imam Square
- Esfahan - Shah Mosque
- Esfahan - Sheik Lotfallah Mosque
- Esfahan - Ali Qapu Palace
- Any international flights to/from Tehran are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iran: Women's Expedition tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iran: Women's Expedition tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Iran: Women's Expedition tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iran: Women's Expedition tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- We would love to open up these real life experiences to all our travellers; however, in order to operate in a socially responsible and culturally sensitive manner this is simply not possible. At least not yet! If you're interested in travelling to Iran on a similar itinerary in a mixed gender group, check out some of other group departures or speak to your booking agent about a tailor-made itinerary.
- While summer is a tempting option, there’s the equally attractive option of beating the crowds and going in winter. It’s actually our favourite time of year to experience this magical country so consider booking on a departures that runs during the cooler months of December through to February.
- As a traveller, Iran is incredible safe and welcoming. However, it is very conservative. You’ll need to be committed to a strict dress code in what may be quite warm weather. On arrival in Iran, all women must wear a headscarf, and must also have their arms and legs covered. Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments.
- Alcohol is strictly forbidden in Iran and those trying to bring any in will incur severe penalties. Drug laws are also extremely strict, and travellers face lengthy jail terms if caught. Most foreigners are whisked through customs without any delays, but random bag checks do occur.
- The pathways around some sites may be uneven, rocky or dusty, and there’s exposure to the elements on some activities. Remember to bring a hat and sunscreen and drink plenty of water, and don’t forget to pack comfortable shoes!
- In order to see as much as possible, this tour involves some long travel days. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
- The village homestay is a wonderful opportunity to witness everyday life outside the city. Facilities are simple and multi-share but comfortable.
- Note that we use a local supplier for our arrival transfer. As tourism is a developing industry in Iran, it is possible your driver will not speak English.
- Debit or credit cards can’t be used in Iran, so you’ll need to bring cash to last you the whole trip. For more information on this, see ‘Money matters’ in the Essential Trip Information.
- Getting a visa for Iran can be a frustrating and time-consuming process. It may take a couple of weeks to get your authorisation code, and then it can take up to 30 days to receive your visa back from the embassy or consulate. Rules can and do change often – this is the nature of the destination. But we are here to help you through it.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description