- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cook culinary favourites in Iranian family homes – from the sumptuous spiced meat and rice of biryani to sharp and tangy fesenjan stews, you’ll be tasting exotic yet oh so delightful dishes every day.
- Sample regional delicacies at some of the finest sweet stores in Iran during a visit to Yazd, snacking on crunchy almond qottab or chewy soft baqlava as you experience local life passing you by.
- You haven’t had real kabab until you’ve tried Iran’s version. Discover the regional variations of the national dish, including kabab koobideh (the original) and kabab barg (barbecued fillets of meat).
- Learn the secrets of ancient Persian ‘medicine’ at a local home, where food and drink were, and still are, pivotal to overall health and wellness, and the prevention of ailments.
Iran’s charm begins with its stunning environment – snow-capped mountains, rolling deserts, ancient cities and crowded bazaars all add to an unforgettable tapestry of a culture less experienced. However the heart of this charm truly lies in the palate – within the odorous spices, succulent meats and mouth-watering stews created through thousands of years of perfected techniques. Saffron, cheeses, crispy rice and succulent meats all contribute to full flavoured meals capable of taking anyone to another place. It’ll happen to you too. Once you dine on tah chin, fesenjan or any of the other dishes on this Real Food Adventure, it’ll only take a hint of saffron to throw your thoughts back into the depths of that bazaar – that unforgettable moment where the taste of Persia first hit your tongue.
My tour guide, Kelly, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a pleasure to be around!
The group of people from different countries, regions, and ages made it the best tour I have been on.
Below are a few highlights:
1. BBQ in the Grampians
2. Bay of Martyrs
3. Seeing koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat
4. The scenery along the Great Ocean Road
5. A boomerang lesson
6. The entire trip was lovely.”
- Hotel (9 nights)
- 9 Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 6 Dinner
- Private Transport , Public Bus , Plane
- Tehran - Welcome dinner with local family
- Tehran - City walking tour
- Tehran - Tah-Chin Morgh, Cooking Class
- Tehran - Persian Medicine Workshop
- Esfahan - Biryani Cooking Class (Dinner)
- Esfahan - Iman Mosque entrance and guided tour
- Esfahan - Ali Qapu Palace
- Esfahan - Sheik Lotfallah Mosque
- Esfahan - Gaz Tasting and Bazaar Visit
- Yazd - Aqda Traditional House Lunch
- Yazd - Guided walking tour
- Yazd - Gheimeh Yazdi, Cooking Class (Dinner)
- Yazd - Amir Chakhmaq Complex & Square
- Yazd - Water Museum
- Yazd - Food Focused City Orientation Tour
- Yazd - Traditional Sweet Shop & Bakery Tour
- Shiraz - City walking tour
- Shiraz - Traditional Beverage Demonstration
- Shiraz - Karimkhan Citadel
- Shiraz - Vakil Bazaar
- Shiraz - Pars Museum
- Persepolis - Entrance and Guided tour
- Persepolis - Naqsh-e Rustam Necropolis
- Any international flights to/from Tehran are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iran Real Food Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 92+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iran Real Food Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 57 days before departure. For any departures within 26 May 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Iran Real Food Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iran Real Food Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Finish point instructions