- duration 21 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Assassin castles Explore the ancient fortresses of Babak, Qaleh Rudkhan and Alamut
- Northwest Iran Stay in hilltop villages and discover this little travelled mountainous area of Iran
- Kandovan Overnight in a troglodyte cave hotel and visit 800 year old inhabited homes
- Tabriz Wander through the UNESCO 15th century bazaar and visit the citadel
On this three week grand tour of Iran we are welcomed by friendly Iranians as we discover ancient assassin's castles, Zoroastrian fire temples, troglodyte villages, fine Islamic architecture and a rock hewn necropolis. We explore north-west Iran, a rural mountainous paradise rarely visited by tourists where we eat dinner by the Caspian Sea, wander through colourful bazaars and stay with locals. We uncover Persian history at Persepolis, watch a local wrestling show in Yazd and see incredible mosaic art in Isfahan.
Day 1 : Join trip in Tehran
Day 2 : Visit the National Museum and Golestan Palace in Tehran
Day 3 : Discover Reza Abbasi Museum and wander through the Tajrish Bazaar
Day 4 : Enter the Valley of Assassins and explore Alamut Castle
Day 5 : Journey through the mountains to Islamili Fort; Traditional Persian dinner experience
Day 6 : Visit the Guilan Rural Heritage Musuem, drive to Anzali
Day 7 : Drive to the UNESCO site of Sheikh Safi's Mausoleum
Day 8 : Walk up to Babak Castle for stunning views over the mountains
Day 9 : City tour of Tabriz, explore troglodyte village of Kandovan
Day 10 : Enter the sacred Zoroastrian site of Takht-e Soleyman
Day 11 : Journey by pedalo through Ali Sadr Cave; afternoon tour of Hamadan
Day 12 : Drive to Isfahan, the most beautiful city in Iran
Day 13 : Explore the stunning city of Isfahan
Day 14 : Visit the forty column palace, Jameh mosque and explore the bazaar
Day 15 : Full day drive south to Shiraz, lunch stop at a caravanserai
Day 16 : Discover the ancient Persian city of Persepolis and tombs of Naqsh-e Rustam
Day 17 : In Shiraz, relax in the ambient Nasir-al-Molk and explore the city
Day 18 : Drive to Yazd, stop at the royal pavilion of Pasargadae
Day 19 : Visit the Towers of Silence and discover Yazd
Day 20 : Return to Tehran, via Na'in Jameh Mosque
Day 21 : Trip ends in Tehran
- 20 Breakfast, 4 Dinner
- 19 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night premium cave hotel
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s)
- Any international flights to/from Tehran are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iran in Depth tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 137 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 391 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 20 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Iran in Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iran in Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.