- City sightseeing
- Museum and gallery visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Be invited into an Esfahan home for dinner and savour traditional, longsimmering and lovingly prepared Iranian dishes along with incredible hospitality.
- Explore the ancient ruins of Persepolis on a guided tour that will take you back in time, to an era when the city was the centre of the ancient world.
- Travelling with a local leader means more opportunities to visit real local hangouts, like a boardgame cafe popular with young folk in Shiraz where you spend a night mingling.
- Learn some of the secrets of Iranian cuisine during a handon cooking lesson in Shiraz, crafting dishes using local ingredients.
Embark on a compact nine-day journey through Iran. Not only is this fascinating country a world apart from what’s often represented in the international media – it’s a delight to visit in the winter. Discover refined cities, colourful bazaars, ancient Persian ruins, and shimmering deserts. Whether you're relaxing in a teahouse in Tehran, enjoying guided tours of ancient cultural sites, or hanging out a local board game cafe in Shiraz, the warmth and hospitality of the Iranian people and the profound beauty of their land is mesmerising.
First Hotel in Ubud should be changed (smell in the room, dark)
Last Hotel in Sanur must be changed. After the other hotels, this standard "business" hotel is not an adequate end of the tour. Simply no atmosphere”
- Hotel (8 nights)
- 8 Breakfast, 2 Dinner
- Private Vehicle , Train
- Tehran - Tabiat Nature Bridge
- Tehran - Iran National Museum
- Tehran - Golestan Palace
- Yazd - Jameh Mosque of Yazd
- Yazd - Water Museum
- Yazd - Fire Temple and Towers of Silence visit
- Yazd - Amir Chakmaq visit
- Shiraz - Home cooked meal
- Abarkuh - Cypress of Abarkuh
- Abarkouh - Ice Houses
- Shiraz - Nasir al Molk Mosque
- Shiraz - City tour
- Shiraz - Vakil Bazaar
- Shiraz - Shahcheragh guided tour
- Shiraz - Hafez Tomb
- Persepolis - Entrance and Guided tour
- Esfahan - Chehel Sotun Palace
- Esfahan - Vank Cathedral
- Esfahan - Leader-led walking tour
- Esfahan - Imam Square
- Esfahan - Shah Mosque
- Esfahan - Sheik Lotfallah Mosque
- Esfahan - Khaju & Si-o-seh Pol Bridges
- Esfahan - Home cooked meal
- Kashan -Tabatabei house
- Kashan - Lunch Morshedi House
- Any international flights to/from Tehran are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Iran Express tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 55+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Iran Express tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 22 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Iran Express tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Iran Express tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- One of the biggest misconceptions is that Iran is an unfriendly or unsafe country for visitors – this couldn't be further from the truth. See the ‘Safety’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more.
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. On arrival in Iran, all women must wear a headscarf and must also have their arms and legs covered. Men should wear long trousers and have shoulders covered.
- Alcohol is strictly forbidden in Iran and severe penalties will be incurred by anyone attempting to bring it into the country. Drug laws are also extremely strict, and travellers face lengthy jail terms if caught. Pork, material deemed obscene by Iranian law (which can include non-pornographic materials like fashion magazines), and controversial literature will all be confiscated by custom officials. As a foreigner you will likely be whisked through customs, but random bag checks do occur.
- The pathways around some of the sites may be uneven, rocky or dusty. Some of the guided trips may involve quite a lot of walking in the elements.
- Iran is a big country and this trip covers a lot in nine days, so be prepared for some long days on the road with lots of opportunity to take in the great landscapes or catch up on some sleep.
- Please note that we use a local supplier for our arrival transfer. As tourism is a developing industry in Iran, it is possible your driver will not speak English.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Alternate Joining point description
Alternate Joining point instructions
Alternate Finish point description
Alternate Finish point instructions