- City sightseeing
- Museum and gallery visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 27 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore one of the greatest cities of antiquity, Persepolis. The relief carvings and towering columns will leave you in no doubt that this was once the centre of the known world
- Once a major stop on the Silk Road, visit Yazd and discover the role religion plays in the city, from the impressive Jameh Mosque to the Zoroastrian towers and temples
- Spend two nights at our 'feature stay' hotel in Yazd; an old renovated caravanserai that dates back to nearly a century ago
- Soak up the sights and atmosphere of the jewel in the crown of Persia, the beautiful town of Esfahan.
Explore two of the most historically and culturally rich countries in the world, places where numerous empires, conquerors and civilisations have left their mark. Go behind the headlines and uncover the true Iran, a welcoming country of open-hearted people redefining the word ‘hospitality’. From breath-taking mosques to stepped hillside villages, Ancient Persepolis and Zoroastrian towers, the beauty of the Iranian landscape is a reflection of its inhabitants. Journey to Turkey, a tantalisingly exotic country that mixes the cosmopolitan delights of Istanbul with ancient cities and natural wonders. Visit a dazzling architectural world, from the Blue Mosque and Ephesus, to the bizarre rock-landscape of Cappadocia. Come on a rewarding adventure that takes in one of the world’s least-visited countries.
- Comfortable Standard Hotel (21 nights) Feature Stay Dad Hotel Yadz (2 nights) Feature Stay Heybe Hotel Cappadocia (3 nights)
- 25 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Private aircon bus , Plane
- Tehran - City Tour
- Tehran - National Museum of Iran
- Tehran - Golestan Palace
- Kashan -Tabatabaei Historical House
- Kashan - Bazaar
- Kashan - Fin Gardens (entrance fee and guide)
- Yazd - Aqda Traditional House Lunch
- Yazd - Traditional sweet shop visit and tasting
- Yazd - Zoroastrian Fire Altar and Towers of Silence
- Yazd - Amir Chakhmaq Complex
- Yazd - City Tour
- Abarkooh - Cypress of Abarkooh
- Abarkooh - Ice Houses
- Shiraz - Saadi and Hafez Tombs
- Shiraz - Eram Garden
- Shiraz - City Tour
- Shiraz - Nasir al-Mulk Mosque
- Persepolis - Entrance and guided tour
- Persepolis - Naqsh-e Rustam Necropolis
- Pasargad - Pasargadae (entrance fee and guide)
- Esfahan - Qeysarie Bazaar
- Esfahan - Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque
- Esfahan - Naqsh-e Jahan Square
- Esfahan - Ali Qapu Palace
- Esfahan - City Tour
- Esfahan - Vank Cathedral
- Qom - Orientation walk
- Istanbul - City Tour
- Istanbul - Blue Mosque
- Gallipoli - Anzac Cove, Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair
- Troy - Archaeological site visit
- Sirince - Fruit wine tasting
- Selcuk - Leader-led orientation walk
- Ephesus - Archaeological site visit
- Selcuk - Isa Bey Camii
- Pamukkale - Hierapolis and Travertines National Park
- Kayakoy - Village visit
- Kas - Sailing trip with seafood lunch
- Antalya - Kaleici visit
- Antalya - Antalya Museum
- Sagalassos - Archaeological site visit
- Konya - Mevlana Museum
- Cappadocia - Valley walk
- Cappadocia - Goreme Open Air Museum
- Cappadocia - Pottery demonstration
- Cappadocia - Ozkonak Underground City
- Any international flights to Tehran and from Istanbul are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Iran & Turkey tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 209+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore Iran & Turkey tour. You can cancel the tour up to 23 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 22 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 July 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 22 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Explore Iran & Turkey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Iran & Turkey tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Iran and Turkey are both big countries and we cover a lot of ground in them, which means a few long travel days. All land travel is in private air-conditioned buses with regular stops along the way.
- Before travelling to Iran, we recommend that you refer to your governments travel advisory before booking any tours to Iran, as this may affect insurance policies.
- Part of travelling with Peregrine means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. It is very important that you adhere to a strict dress code – particularly for women – in what may be quite warm weather. Upon arrival in Iran, all women must wear a headscarf and must also have their arms and legs covered. Men must also be conservatively dressed.
- Alcohol is strictly forbidden in Iran and severe penalties will be incurred by anyone attempting to bring it into the country. Drug laws are also extremely strict and travellers face lengthy jail terms if caught. If found, pork, obscene material (even glossy magazines showing people in immodest poses), and controversial literature will all be confiscated by custom officials. Upon arrival, you as a foreigner will likely be whisked through customs but note that random bag checks do occur.
- In Iran it's becoming increasingly difficult to confirm our preferred hotels due to limited 4-star options. While we will always look to the next suitable alternative, in some cases these may not be centrally located. It's important to note that local star ratings are not necessarily equivalent to those you are familiar with. In some locations the 3-star hotels are of a better quality (and in a better location) than the 4-star ones.
- This trip involves a lot of walking, sometimes on rocky or slippery terrain. Please bring sturdy walking shoes. You also have the option to sit out many of the walks, if you don't feel up to them.
- Turkey can get hot in the summer months of July and August but this is normally a dry heat and is easier to cope with than humidity. Where possible, you'll be taken to sites in the early morning before it gets too hot. Turkey can also get quite cool, particularly night time temperatures in April and October. Not all hotels will have heating so make sure to bring a few warm items with you.
- In 2021, Ramadan will take place from 12 April to 11 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience. However, some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
The Intrepid Foundation