- Visit the eastern wine region of Georgia and learn about its unique wine-making techniques
- Explore a local 19th-century nobelman's house-museum, garden and winery
- Visit the Shumi winery and taste refined Kakhetian wine
- Enjoy an included lunch, with wine
On this tour, enjoy a wine tasting and excursion to the residence of Alexander Chavchavadze, a 19th-century nobleman, poet, and public figure in Tsinandali. Walk through the unique English-French garden, famous for varieties of blooming plants brought from abroad.
Afterward, we will visit the Shumi winery, one of the leaders of high-quality Georgian wine producers. In ancient Georgia, the word “shumi” meant genuine, undiluted wine. It has long since been used as a defining term for the best wine.
After Shumi, head to Shilda Winery, another notable wine producing companies located in the traditional wine region Kakheti, offering varieties of Georgian wines.
From Shilda, head to Telavi for a short sightseeing and relaxed walk in the center of the town.
Drive back to Tbilisi through Gombori Pass.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private transportation
- Private professional guide
- Lunch with Georgian wines
- Wine tastings (2)
- Glass of wine in Tsinandali museum
- 2 x bottles of mineral water per person
- All entrance fees as per program
- Personal expenses
- Other beverages not mentioned in itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationChildren must be accompanied by an adult Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking A moderate amount of walking is involved Not wheelchair accessible Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately Minimum Drinking age 18 years