- Wine tasting tour
- duration 1 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Learn about the history, culture and lifestyle of Georgians
- Visit Château Mukhrani wine studio and taste a wide variety of unique Georgian wines
- Visit Shuchmann Winery for a wine tasting
- Explore Jan Shardeni street, the historical cotton and iron districts
The history, culture, and lifestyle of Georgians are embodied in their wine, which stands as a symbol of hospitality, friendship, and tolerance. It is widely believed that wine production in Georgia first began over 7000 years ago. These days, there are over 500 species of grape in Georgia, a greater diversity than anywhere else in the world, with around 40 of these grape varieties being used in commercial wine production.
In the morning, we’ll pick you up from your Tbilisi hotel and start our tour. The tour will first combine walking and driving in both old and new districts of Tbilisi, where we’ll visit the outstanding landmarks of our capital city. Start with a cable car ride to Narikhala Fortress and admire the views of the city from high up. Then, stroll down to the old town and next visit the Chateau Mukhrani wine studio. Enjoy wine-tasting in the studio and learn how Chateau wines are made. Take a walk in the old town and next have lunch at local restaurant with traditional dishes and Georgian wine.
After lunch, we’ll Continue to the Schuchmann Winery to taste the unforgettable flavor of Schuchmann wines. After the tasting, we’ll visit Mtatsminda park by funicular tramway. Take a relaxing walk in the park and in the evening we’ll return to the hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
- Private professional guide
- Lunch with Georgian Wine
- 2 x bottle of mineral water per person
- All entrance fees
- 2 wine tastings
- Beverages not mentioned in itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationChildren must be accompanied by an adult. Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Not wheelchair accessible. Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Minimum drinking age is 18 years.