- Explore the former capital of Georgia
- Visit UNESCO world heritage sites
- Step in the Svetickhoveli cathedral, the second Jerusalem in Georgia
- Visit Jvari monastery and enjoy the beautiful landscape
Mtskheta was the ancient capital of Georgia from the 4th-century BC to the 5th-century AD. This little town contains two UNESCO world heritage sites. Tbilisi holds more than 1500 years of history as the capital, and because of strategic and economic advantages has always been in the center of the battlefield during invasions. In the old city, you can feel the mix of multiethnic cosmopolitan traditions, which create the unforgettable charm of Tbilisi.
On the tour, we will pick you up from your hotel and drive to Mtskheta, which is located 25 km away to the west. Here we will visit Svetitskhoveli Cathedral and Jvari monastery, which represent the culmination of a number of artistic and architectural aspirations in early Christian architecture. In the middle of the tour, we will have lunch and taste typical Georgian dishes. After midday, we will drive back to Tbilisi and explore the old and new districts of the city. Ride up to Narikhala Fortress by the aerial cable car and admire the views of the city from the top. In the evening return back to the hotel.
- Hotel pick up drop off
- Private transportation
- Private professional guide
- Two bottles of mineral water per person
- All entrance fees per program
- Alcoholic beverages
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationChildren must be accompanied by an adult. Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking. A moderate amount of walking is involved. Not wheelchair accessible. Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.