- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cover Georgia and Armenia in 12 days
- Visit Kakheti, known for ancient churches and monasteries
- Explore Yerevan, the capital of Armenia
- Take a trip to Khor Virap, where Gregory the Illuminator is said to have been imprisoned
Explore Yerevan's surroundings and see the highlights, including Khor Virap Monastery and the Areni Cave complex. It was in Areni that in 2010 an ancient wine storage and the earliest shoe in the world were discovered. Visit ancient fortresses and castles, enter into medieval churches, taste fine traditional Caucasian drinks and delicious cuisine.
Spend twelve unforgettable days in a region that is home to ancient civilizations and a rich history. Enjoy great scenery along the way. Discover the exceptionally hospitable and colorful countries of the Caucasus while traveling with like-minded people. Please scroll down to go through the itinerary.
Day 1: Tbilisi arrival
Day 2: Tbilisi – Telavi – Tsinandali – Akhasheni
Day 3: Akhasheni – Sighnaghi – Bodbe – Tbilisi
Day 4: Tbilisi
Day 5: Tbilisi – Jvari – Mtskheta – Kazbegi – Gudauri
Day 6: Gudauri – Ananuri – Uplistsikhe – Gori – Tbilisi
Day 7: Free day in Tbilisi
Day 8: Tbilisi – Haghpat – Lake Sevan – Yerevan
Day 9: Yerevan – Etchmiadzin – Yerevan
Day 10: Yerevan – Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni Cave – Yerevan
Day 11: Yerevan – Garni – Geghard – Yerevan
Day 12: Yerevan departure
- Meals: 11 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- All transport as per the itinerary
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing in 4* hotels (solo travelers will have to pay additional single supplement fees)
- A tour leader will accompany a group if there are at least six travelers in the group
- Sightseeing tour program in each country with local English-speaking guides
- Entrance tickets to sights mentioned in the itinerary
- Two wine tastings in Georgia: in Tsinandali and Khareba wine tunnel
- Bottled drinking water
- Single Supplement
- International flights
- Armenia visa fees
- Full board (lunches and dinners)
- Expenses that are personal in nature like phone calls and laundry
- Hotel charges for additional services
- Personal travel insurance
- Single supplement is compulsory for solo travelers
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationParticipants need to be in good health, be able to walk for 4-6 hours every day at moderate speed, climb stairs and hills, and be able to carry their own luggage for up to 1 km across borders. Hotel departure schedule for each day will be reconfirmed by your tour guide. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.