- Wine tasting tour
- Walking tour
- Food tour
- Spiritual or religious tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Tbilisi Discover the picturesque Old Town of Georgia's capital
- Georgian hospitality Enjoy traditional meals and toasts with local families
- Vardzia Explore a remote 12th century cave town carved out of a cliff
- Georgian wines Learn about wine production and sample the local tipple
This short trip into the Caucasus region of Eurasia discovers one of the fascinating former states of the USSR. We combine sightseeing of cultural towns and cities, walks in stunning countryside along with exploration of fascinating historical sites. Tblisi - Roam through the capital's narrow medieval cobbled streets and alleyways Kakheti -Feast on delicious home-cooked food and sample a host of hearty Georgian wines Kazbegi - Walk amongst the snow-capped peaks of the Caucasus Mountains and visit Gergeti Church
Day 1 : Join tour in Tbilisi, explore the Old and New Towns
Day 2 : Drive to Kakheti wine region; wine tasting and local hospitality
Day 3 : Explore wine region further; drive back to Tbilisi
Day 4 : Drive via Uplitsikhe cave town to Akhaltsikhe
Day 5 : From Akhaltsikhe, visit Vardzia cave town
Day 6 : Drive via Gori to Kazbegi in the Greater Caucasus Mountains
Day 7 : In Kazbegi, walk in mountains up to Gergeti Church; drive back to Tbilisi
Day 8 : Tour ends in Tbilisi
- 7 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 5 Dinners
- Hotel KMM (3 nights)
- Rusiko's Guesthouse (1 night)
- Marinas Guesthouse (2 nights)
- Hotel Stepantsminda (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Tbilisi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Georgia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Georgia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Georgia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Georgia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.