- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Learn of a land dubbed the 'Forgotten Kingdom' on a rail cart experience near Taumaranui, passing through handcut brick tunnels to rolling countryside and fields of lavender.
- Get your adrenaline pumping with a fastpaced jet boat ride to the Mangapurua Landing, swapping the thrills for curious tales of the Valley of Abandoned Dreams on a guided hike to the Bridge to Nowhere.
- Canoeing down the Whanganui River without any rush or hurry gives you the power to choose your own pace. You can stop by historic settlements on the way and find the perfect cove for a picnic lunch.
- Soak up spectacular sights and enjoy total tranquillity during your lodge stay at the Bridge to Nowhere, surrounded by the luxuriant bush that makes this slice of New Zealand so special.
King Country in New Zealand is a land of picturesque landscapes, perfectly fit for the noble explorer. So, spend five days in the wilds of the Whanganui on an active adventure deep in the country’s North Island. What follows is a journey through handcut tunnels, past overflowing lavender farms, through ancient fern forests and up fertile rivers to the Valley of Abandoned Dreams. Add some thrill-seeking activities, comfortable lodge-style accommodation and a host of outdoor and culinary inclusions, and you’ve got yourself an action-packed tour of north western New Zealand that’s well past the tourist brochure. It may well be the king – or queen – of them all.
Taupo / Pureora / Taumaranui
Forgotten World / Ohakune
Whanganui National Park
Whanganui National Park / Whanganui
Mt Taranaki / New Plymouth
- Hotel (3 nights), Lodge (1 night)
- 4 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle , Canoe , Jet Boat , Rail Cart
- An expert tour leader
- Pureora Village Timber Trail - Hike
- Forgotten World Highway - Rail Carts Tour
- Forgotten World Highway - Ploughman’s Lunch
- Forgotten World Highway - Lavender Farm
- Whanganui River - Jetboat Ride
- Mangapurua Landing - Bridge to Nowhere Walk
- Whanganui River - Downsteam Canoe Paddle
- Egmont National Park - Walk
- Any international flights to Taupo and from New Plymouth are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Forgotten World Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 82+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Forgotten World Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 October 2021, a deposit of 99 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Forgotten World Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Forgotten World Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- No canoeing experience is needed for the downstream paddle. Our guides will help you to perfect the technique, however you will need a basic level of fitness in order to enjoy the journey.
- Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
- This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.