- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Time to explore Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan
Who can mention the names of Samarkand, Bokhara or Khiva without conjuring up images of the romance and intrigue of the Great Game, of skull caps and silk sashes, of fabulously coloured mosaic domes and minarets, or of a newly arrived caravan train of traders just out of the deserts of the east? This journey to the heart of Central Asia takes us back across the centuries but also reveals a modern day Uzbekistan.
Day 1: Start Tashkent; city tour.
Day 2: Fly to Urgench; transfer to Khiva; city tour.
Day 3: Visit the desert castles of Toprak Qala, Qizil Qala and Ayaz Qala.
Day 4: Drive across Central Asian Plateau and through desert to Bukhara.
Day 5-6: Two days to explore Bukhara, including the 12 Century Char Minar, Bolo Khauz
Mosque and the old Summer Palace of the Emirs.
Day 7: Drive via Gijduvan and Rabad Malik to our yurt camp in the desert.
Day 8: Free time at Aidarkul Lake; visit Nurata, then continue to Samarkand.
Day 9: Full day tour in Samarkand visiting Registan Square, Ulugbek Observatory and
Mausoleum of Tamerlane.
Day 10: Free morning; return to Tashkent.
Day 11: End Tashkent
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner included
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Tashkent are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Uzbekistan Uncovered tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 137 today.
- Earn US$ 91+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Uzbekistan Uncovered tour. You can cancel the tour up to 91 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 90 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 January 2022, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 90 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Uzbekistan Uncovered tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uzbekistan Uncovered tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.