- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Time to explore Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan
- A visit to the KunyaArk, the 12th century fortress of the Khans
- Two full days to explore Bukhara, a city with over 900 historical monuments
- Spend the night in a traditional Yurt camp
Who can mention the names of Samarkand, Bokhara or Khiva without conjuring up images of the romance and intrigue of the Great Game, of skull caps and silk sashes, of fabulously coloured mosaic domes and minarets, or of a newly arrived caravan train of traders just out of the deserts of the east? This journey to the heart of Central Asia takes us back across the centuries but also reveals a modern day Uzbekistan.
An interesting part of the trip was learning about the Russian influence, good and not-so-good, and the changes that have occurred since the Soviet Union imploded and Uzbekistan became independent. I also enjoyed learning a about current life in Uzbekistan but am aware that we as tourists we may be presented with a somewhat sanitized view of things.”
Day 1: Start Tashkent; city tour.
Day 2: Fly to Urgench; transfer to Khiva; city tour.
Day 3: Visit the desert castles of Toprak Qala, Qizil Qala and Ayaz Qala.
Day 4: Drive across Central Asian Plateau and through desert to Bukhara.
Day 5-6: Two days to explore Bukhara, including the 12 Century Char Minar, Bolo Khauz
Mosque and the old Summer Palace of the Emirs.
Day 7: Drive via Gijduvan and Rabad Malik to our yurt camp in the desert.
Day 8: Free time at Aidarkul Lake; visit Nurata, then continue to Samarkand.
Day 9: Full day tour in Samarkand visiting Registan Square, Ulugbek Observatory and
Mausoleum of Tamerlane.
Day 10: Free morning; return to Tashkent.
Day 11: End Tashkent
- 9 nights standard hotels, all en suite, 1 night yurt (multi-share - 3-4 persons to a yurt) with basic shared washing facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner included
- Travel by private bus/minibus, train and internal flight
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival and departure transfers (for group flights only)
- Some long drives
- Experience local culture and nature
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Tashkent are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Uzbekistan Uncovered tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 76 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 218 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 26 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Uzbekistan Uncovered tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uzbekistan Uncovered tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.