- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Old Urgench
- IchanQala fortress in Khiva
This 8-day tour is the perfect introduction to Uzbekistan. We start our journey in the ancient capital of Tashkent, a former Silk Route city which still retains its role as one of the most important cities in the region. From here we take a short flight to Urgench and on to nearby Khiva which is situated in the Khorzem Oasis. In Khiva we have a full day of sightseeing, including a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage site at the Ichan-Qala Fortress. Leaving Khiva behind we fly to Bukhara where we'll have a comprehensive full day walking tour and also watch the National Show at Nodir Devan Begi Madrasah. Our final city of interest is incredible Samarkand where amoungst many of places, we'll visit the spectacular Registan Square which has graced the covers of many famous travel guides of the years! Our final journey is onboard one of the high-speed trains back to Tashkent where this exciting week will come to an end.
Many flights into Uzbekistan will operate via Istanbul, Turkey - Why not combine your week in Uzbekistan with some time on one of our Turkey group tours.
If our scheduled departure dates don't work for you, or you would prefer not to travel with a group, then we can also run this tour privately for you. Please contact us for more information and prices.
Day 1 : Arrive in Tashkent, transfer to hotel
Day 2 : Tashkent City Tour, fly to Urgench
Day 3 : Khiva & Urgench sightseeing, fly to Bukhara
Day 4 : Bukhara sightseeing
Day 5 : Bukhara to Samarkand
Day 6 : Samarkand Sightseeing
Day 7 : Samarkand sightseeing, train to Tashkent
Day 8 : Tashkent, free time, transfer to airport
- All accommodation in 3 and 4-star hotels as stated in the itinerary
- Dinner with folklore show at Nadir Divan-Begi Madrasah in Bukhara
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Domestic flights from Tashkent to Urgench and Urgench and Bukhara
- Professional English-speaking local tour guides at each site
- Train between Samarkand and Tashkent
- Entrance fees to various sites
- Tipping kitty
- Visa support letter for Uzbekistan visa
- International Flights (available on request)
- Uzbekistan tourist visa costs
- Travel Insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks, tips and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for guide & driver
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 72+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Uzbekistan Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 November 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Uzbekistan Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uzbekistan Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.