- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 18 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This incredible journey takes you through parts of Central Asia that few people can find on a map, let alone have considered travelling to.
- The muchphotographed Registan in Samarkand is one of the true pinnacles of Islamic architecture. You'll be wowed by the scale, grandeur and beauty of the monuments to iconic figures such as Tamerlane and the Persiainfluenced madressas, mosques and mausoleums.
- Spend an evening in the isolated Kyzylkum Desert, warming yourself by the fire and sleeping in a yurt.
- Get to really know the stories and people of Uzbekistan while sharing homecooked meals with local families, including a home stay in the remote Nuratau Mountains.
Travel into desert landscapes heavy with romance and mysticism on this adventure through Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. Walk in the shadows of ancient, blue-tiled buildings in Samarkand, sleep in a yurt under thousands of desert stars and spend an evening at a home stay with a family in the Nuratau Mountains. Watch the sun set over Technicolour minarets in Khiva, learn about life in a desert settlement in Yerbent and revel in the eastern-futurism of Ashgabat. Step off the beaten track and onto the ancient Silk Road in this revelatory tour through ancient lands.
Konye-Urgench - Darvaza
Yerbent - Ashgabat
Merv - Mary
- Hotel (14 nights), Yurt Camp (1 night), Homestay (1 night), Camping (1 night)
- 16 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- High speed train , Private vehicle , 4x4 vehicle , Plane , Metro , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Bukhara - Ismail Samani Mausoleum
- Bukhara - Ark Fortress
- Bukhara - Bolo Hauz Mosque
- Bukhara - Family visit
- Bukhara - Magoki Attori Mosque
- Bukhara - Kalon Minaret & Mosque
- Bukhara - Ulugbek Madrasa
- Bukhara - Lyabi-Hauz Plaza
- Gijduvan - Ceramics workshop
- Nuratau - village visit
- Samarkand - Gur-e-Amir Mausoleum
- Samarkand - Registan
- Samarkand - Shakh-I-Zinda
- Samarkand - Bibi-Khanym Mosque
- Samarkand - Handmade paper workshop
- Tashkent - Chorsu Bazaar
- Tashkent - City tour
- Tashkent - Amir Timur Square
- Khiva - Pahlavon Mahmud Mausoleum
- Khiva - Kuhna Ark
- Khiva - Islom Hoja Minaret & Medressa
- Khiva - Juma Mosque
- Khiva - Tosh-Hovli Palace
- Darvaza - "Door to Hell" Crater
- Konye-Urgench - City tour
- Yerbent - Village visit
- Ashgabat - National Museum of Turkmenistan
- Ashgabat - Nisa ruins
- Ashgabat - Anau ruins
- Ashgabat - Independence Monument
- Ashgabat - Neutrality Arch
- Ashgabat - Turkmenbashy Ruhi Mosque & Family Mausoleum of the First President of Turkmenistan
- Ashgabat - Ertugrul Gazi Mosque
- Merv - Big & Small Kizkala
- Merv - Erk Kala & Gayur Kala
- Merv - Sultan Sanjar Mausoleum
- Any international flights to Tashkent and from Ashgabat are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Uzbekistan & Turkmenistan Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 190 today.
- Earn US$ 126+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Uzbekistan & Turkmenistan Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Uzbekistan & Turkmenistan Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uzbekistan & Turkmenistan Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- There are few places like Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan on earth - isolated geographically and long secluded politically. It's probably unlike anywhere you have ever been, so be prepared to be surprised and for things to run a little differently to home. Here's some of what to expect: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-a-trip-to-turkmenistan/
- Central Asia is a remote destination, perfect for intrepid travellers in the true sense of the word! You will venture well away from cities, right off the beaten track and be able to immerse yourself in local food, life and culture.
- Accommodation may on occasion be more basic than what you are used to in homestays, guesthouses and yurt stay. Shower and toilet facilities will be limited in some places and non existent in others. While the comfort level won't always be high, the rewards of living in true local style in this far-out part of the world are immeasurable.
- As this trip does has only limited time and no included activities in Tashkent, we highly recommend staying a few extra days before or after your tour to enjoy all this great city has to offer.
- Most sights in Uzbekistan require a separate ticket to take photos. This is usually just a few dollars at each site, but be prepared with plenty of change in local currency and ensure you budget for this in your sightseeing.
- Tourism is strictly controlled in Turkmenistan, with Letters of Invitation needed in advance in order to apply for your visa (which you can then get on arrival) and guides tending to be protective of what tourists see and fiercely proud of their nation and its leaders. Those used to more freedom of exploration and tour guides with a more global perspective may find their experience here different from in other destinations.
- As there are a number of long travel days, plenty of time spent on your feet and days can be hot and dusty you'll need excellent general health and fitness to get the most out if this trip.
- There is one night of basic camping included on this trip in the Karakum Desert. Sleeping bags, mattresses and tents are all provided, but there are no bathing or permanent toilet facilities at the campsite.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.