- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 11 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
Travel along the fabled Silk Road past ancient caravanserais and across the remote Central Asian landscape on this trip that takes in the highlights of Uzbekistan. Marvel at incredible Islamic architecture and learn about a history that crosses cultures and spans millennia. Khiva - Step back in time as you walk the streets of this 'open air museum' Samarkand - Discover Timur's city, where Registan Square lies as its stunning blue mosaicked centrepiece. Urgut - Visit a rural village in the mountains with a local ethnographer, and learn about the making of traditional 'suzanis', or embroidered textiles
The Ethiopian people don't have a lot of material things but what they have they are willing to share. It was a real eye opener and is making me re-think how I live. I'm really glad I went there.”
Day 1 : Trip begins in Tashkent. Afternoon city sightseeing; ride the flamboyant metro
Day 2 : Fly to Urgench in western Uzbekistan and drive to the ancient city of Khiva
Day 3 : In Khiva, visit the Old Citadel; free afternoon
Day 4 : Scenic drive through vast plains to Bokhara
Day 5 : In Bokhara, discover blue-tiled domes and minarets; learn about the city's history
Day 6 : Free day to explore Bokhara's sights further
Day 7 : Drive to Samarkand; afternoon exploration of the city's monuments including Registan Square
Day 8 : In Samarkand, discover magnificent mosques and mausoleums; free afternoon to explore further
Day 9 : Day trip with a local ethnographer to the village of Urgut
Day 10 : In Samarkand, free morning; afternoon high-speed train to Tashkent
Day 11 : Tour ends in Tashkent
- 11 Breakfasts
- Hotel Uzbekistan (2 nights)
- Hotel Musa Tura (2 nights)
- Hotel Devon Begi Heritage (3 nights)
- Hotel Minor (3 nights)
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Tashkent are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Silk Road of Uzbekistan - Private Tour tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 140 today.
- Earn US$ 93+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Silk Road of Uzbekistan - Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Silk Road of Uzbekistan - Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Silk Road of Uzbekistan - Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.