- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Tashkent Mingle with the locals in the lively Chorsu market
- Khiva Visit to the most romantic city on the Silk Road
- Bokhara Admire Islamic architecture and browse bustling bazaars
- Yurt stay Sample nomadic life with an overnight in a traditional felt tent
Travel along the fabled Silk Road past ancient caravanserais and across the remote Central Asian landscape on this trip that takes in the highlights of Uzbekistan. Marvel at incredible Islamic architecture and learn about a history that crosses cultures and spans millennia. Khiva - Step back in time as you walk the streets of this \ open air museum\ Yurt stay - Sample nomadic life with when sleeping in a traditional felt tent Samarkand - Discover Timur's city, where Registan Square lies as its stunning blue mosaicked centrepiece.
Day 1 : Join trip Tashkent. Afternoon city sightseeing; ride the flamboyant Metro
Day 2 : Fly to Urgench in western Uzbekistan and drive to the ancient city of Khiva
Day 3 : In Khiva, visit the Old Citadel; free afternoon
Day 4 : Scenic drive through vast plains to Bokhara
Day 5 : In Bokhara, discover blue-tiled domes and minarets; learn about the city's history
Day 6 : Free day to explore Bokhara's sights further
Day 7 : Drive to Yangikasgan desert camp for overnight in a yurt; optional camel ride
Day 8 : Drive to Samarkand; afternoon exploration of the city's monuments including Registan Square
Day 9 : In Samarkand, discover magnificent mosques and mausoleums; free afternoon to explore further
Day 10 : In Samarkand, free morning; afternoon high-speed train to Tashkent
Day 11 : Tour ends in Tashkent
- 10 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Hotel Uzbekistan (2 nights)
- Hotel Musa Tura (2 nights)
- Hotel Caravan Plaza (3 nights)
- Kyzyl-Kum Safari Yurt Camping (1 night)
- Kamilla Boutique Hotel (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Tashkent are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Silk Road of Uzbekistan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Silk Road of Uzbekistan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Silk Road of Uzbekistan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Silk Road of Uzbekistan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.