- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Samarkand and Bukhara : two of the greatest cities on the Silk Road
- Almaty with its leafy streets and cafe culture
- Kyrgyzstan’s spectacular mountain scenery
- Issyk Kul Lake
For centuries great caravans of merchants made their way through deserts, across steppes and over mountains, creating trade routes between the great civilisations of the Mediterranean and China. Art and religion spread both East and West and grand cities with impressive architecture sprouted alongside nomadic tribes of eagle-hunters. Follow in the footsteps of Marco Polo and uncover the natural and cultural treasures of Central Asia on this two week trip through Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan taking in some of the Silk Road’s best sites, from Bukhara and Samarkand to the Tien Shan Mountains.
Day 1: Start Tashkent
Day 2: Full day Tashkent
Day 3: AXF: Morning train to Samarkand, visit Registan Square and other sites of the
Day 4: Continue our exploration of Samarkand; transfer to Bukhara.
Day 5: Explore Bukhara's many historical sites.
Day 6: Another day exploring Bukhara before catching the late afternoon train to
Day 7: Morning in Tashkent, overnight train to Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Day 8: Full day exploring Almaty.
Day 9: Day trip to Issyk and Turgen Gorge.
Day 10: Almaty to Bishkek in Kyrgyzstan; afternoon visit Bishkek.
Day 11: Issyk Kul and Djety Oguyz Gorge where we overnight in a yurt camp.
Day 12: Explore the gorge on foot; drive to Karakol.
Day 13: Cholpon Ata on the northern shore of Issyk Kul Lake, burial mounds and
mounds and petroglyphs.
Day 14: Travel through the Boon Gorge, and visit the Burana tower before returning to
Day 15: End Bishkek
- Accommodation in en suite standard hotels with one night in a yurt and one night on a sleeper train , All accommodation
- 13 breakfasts and 3 dinners included , 13 breakfasts and 3 dinners
- Travel by minibus and train
- All transport and listed activities
- Arrival and departure transfers (for group flights only)
- Fast paced itinerary
- Experience local culture and nature
- Tour leader throughout (2 separate leaders)
- Any international flights to/from Tashkent are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Silk Road tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 108 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 310 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 29 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Silk Road tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Silk Road tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.