- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Overland Journeys
- duration 29 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 26
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the unique Turkmen capital of Ashgabat on a guided tour
- Wild camp near the 'Door to Hell' Darvaza Crater
- Overland in to the Karakum desert
- Explore the ruined city of Kunye Urgench
If you want to explore and marvel at the blue mosques and architecture of Central Asia then this is the trip for you. Uzbekistan's Khiva, Bukhara and Samarkand fight for supremacy with Iran's stunning cities of Esfahan, Shiraz and Yadz. The sheer quantity and quality of these magnificent cities defies belief.
Add in the history, civilisations and religion of the region and you have a fascinating journey. Sitting in the middle of this Islamic world, are the living relics of the 2000 year old Zoroastrian culture that is found around Yadz in central Iran and the remains of the "greatest city on Earth" Persepolis, the capital of the ancient Persian empire which was destroyed by Alexander the Great.
Day 1: Tashkent
Day 2: Samarkand
Day 3: Samarkand
Day 4: Samarkand
Day 5: Kyzylkhum Desert
Day 6: Bukhara
Day 7: Bukhara
Day 8: Bukhara
Day 9: Khiva
Day 10: Khiva
Day 11: Kunye Urgench
Day 12: Darvaza
Day 13: Ashgabat
Day 14: Ashgabat
Day 15: Ashgabat
Day 16: Shirvan
Day 17: Damghan
Day 18: Khoor
Day 19: Yazd
Day 20: Yazd
Day 21: Zein-o-din
Day 22: Shiraz
Day 23: Shiraz
Day 24: Esfahan
Day 25: Esfahan
Day 26: Esfahan
Day 27: Tehran
Day 28: Tehran
Day 29: Tehran
- Overland Expedition Vehicle
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, Local Crew Member in certain areas
- Comfortable Hotel 14 nights
- Yurt Camp 1 night
- Basic Hotel 9 nights
- Camping without facilities 2 nights
- Guesthouse 2 nights
- 46 Breakfasts
- 6 Lunches
- 6 Dinners
- Any international flights to Tashkent and from Tehran are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tehran, Tashkent & Turkmen tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 196+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tehran, Tashkent & Turkmen tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 September 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tehran, Tashkent & Turkmen tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tehran, Tashkent & Turkmen tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.