- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience Registan Square in Samarkand
- Discover the desert city of Bukhara & incredible architectural monuments
- Visit the ancient Persian ruins at Persepolis
- Explore the exquisite cities of Shiraz and Isfahan
A fabled journey through Uzbekistan & Turkmenistan to Iran. Samarkand was regarded as one of the most important markets on the legendary Silk Route between China and Europe. On our overland journey from Uzbekistan to Iran we trace the western section of the Silk Road, a bustling corridor through which caravans laden with goods would pass enroute to the ancient city of Constantinople. Travelling to the renowned Central Asian cities of Tashkent, Samarkand, Bukhara and Merv we gain a rich sense of the intricate history, before crossing the awesome expanses of both the Karakum desert and the high mountain passes that link Central Asia and Persia. Our trip features a dramatic mountainous drive across the Kopet Dag Mountains to Iran, a land of dramatic contrasts. Ranging from snow clad mountains, deserts, oasis towns and ancient cities that reveal a deep and rich history. We diverge from the traditional Silk Road itinerary with exciting excursions to Isfahan, Shiraz and Persepolis, the summer capital of the vast Persian Empire, before concluding this epic journey in the vibrant city of Tehran.
Day 1 : Arrive Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Day 2 : In Tashkent, train to Samarkand
Day 3-4 : In Samarkand
Day 5 : Train to Bukhara
Day 6-7 : In Bukhara
Day 8 : To Mary, Turkmenistan
Day 9 : Visit Ancient Merv, fly to Ashgabat
Day 10 : In Ashgabat
Day 11 : Drive to Mashhad
Day 12 : Shiraz, the Poetic Capital of Persia
Day 13 : Ancient Ruins of Persepolis
Day 14 : Drive to Yazd
Day 15 : In Yazd
Day 16 : Drive to Isfahan
Day 17-18 : Persian Architecture of Isfahan
Day 19 : To Tehran via Kashan
Day 20 : Tehran, the Capital City
Day 21 : In Tehran, trip concludes
- 3 to 5 star hotels on a twinshare basis or best available hotels in more remote towns
- 20 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 2 dinners
- Internal transport by private bus, jeep or car
- 1 Group arrival and departure transfer
- English speaking tour guide in Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Iran and local city guides
- Internal airfares valued at US$180
- Local sightseeing, including entrance fees to monuments
- Emergency medical kit
- Assistance in arranging visas
- International airfares
- Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the program
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, alcohol, etc
- Tips and gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 266 today.
- Earn US$ 177+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tashkent to Isfahan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 December 2021, a deposit of 1500 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tashkent to Isfahan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tashkent to Isfahan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.