- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This incredible journey takes you through parts of Central Asia that few people can find on a map, let alone have considered travelling to.
- Steeped in Silk Road history and immortalised in many great tales, the UNESCOprotected town of Khiva is as photogenic as it is legendary.
- Explore the sprawling ruins of Mary, Merv and other ancient kingdoms and contemplate the remnants of empires that once ruled these vast lands.
- Witness the eternal flames of the Darvaza Crater, aka the 'Door to Hell' as you camp nearby – one of the strangest, most mesmerising geological oddities on earth.
Travel into desert landscapes heavy with romance and mysticism on this 10-day journey through Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. Watch the sun set over Technicolour minarets in Khiva, learn about life in a desert settlement in Yerbent and revel in the eastern-futurism of Ashgabat. Step off the beaten track and onto the ancient Silk Road in this revelatory tour through ancient lands.
Different landscapes. lakes and Bungle Bungles let you understand more about this wild Kimberley. If you like hiking,
swimming and drinking Champagne at the same time in the
Lake Agryle, go.”
Konye-Urgench – Darvaza
Yerbent – Ashgabat
Merv – Mary
- Hotel (8 nights), Camping (1 night)
- 9 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle , 4x4 vehicle , Plane , Metro , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Khiva - Pahlavon Mahmud Mausoleum
- Khiva - Kuhna Ark
- Khiva - Islom Hoja Minaret & Medressa
- Khiva - Juma Mosque
- Khiva - Tosh-Hovli Palace
- Darvaza - "Door to Hell" Crater
- Konye-Urgench - City tour
- Yerbent - Village visit
- Ashgabat - National Museum of Turkmenistan
- Ashgabat - Nisa ruins
- Ashgabat - Anau ruins
- Ashgabat - Independence Monument
- Ashgabat - Neutrality Arch
- Ashgabat - Turkmenbashy Ruhi Mosque & Family Mausoleum of the First President of Turkmenistan
- Ashgabat - Ertugrul Gazi Mosque
- Merv - Big & Small Kizkala
- Merv - Erk Kala & Gayur Kala
- Merv - Sultan Sanjar Mausoleum
- Any international flights to Tashkent and from Ashgabat are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tashkent to Ashgabat tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 83+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tashkent to Ashgabat tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 May 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tashkent to Ashgabat tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tashkent to Ashgabat tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- There are few places like Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan on earth - isolated geographically and long secluded politically. It's probably unlike anywhere you have ever been, so be prepared to be surprised and for things to run a little differently to home. Here's some of what to expect: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-a-trip-to-turkmenistan/
- Tourism is strictly controlled in Turkmenistan, with Letters of Invitation needed in advance in order to apply for your visa (which you can then get on arrival) and guides tending to be protective of what tourists see and fiercely proud of their nation and its leaders. Those used to more freedom of exploration and tour guides with a more global perspective may find their experience here different from in other destinations.
- As there are a number of long travel days, plenty of time spent on your feet and days can be hot and dusty you'll need excellent general health and fitness to get the most out if this trip.
- There is one night of basic camping included on this trip in the Karakum Desert. Sleeping bags, mattresses and tents are all provided, but there are no bathing or permanent toilet facilities at the campsite.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.