- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 24
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Overland through Uzbekistan's Fergana Valley in local transport
- See the silkweavers of the Fergana Valley
- Stay in traditional felt yurts at the incredible Song Kol Lake
- Experience the daily life of the Kyrgyz mountain shepherds
This adventurous trip takes us far down the Silk Road, along which ancient traders would journey between Europe and China, and is the perfect holiday-length trip for travellers who love the great outdoors and spectacular mountain scenery.
Starting or finishing in urban Tashkent, in Uzbekistan we explore the lush farmlands of the Fergana Valley, visiting some of the historical highlights en route. We will then head into the favourite Central Asian country of many of our travellers - the remote and mountainous land of Kyrgyzstan and the dramatically-rugged Tian Shan mountain range. Home to nomadic peoples who will be our hosts during our journey through the wilds of this beautiful country.
Hiking, riding and staying with nomads, we will journey across this region slowly to enjoy a country famed for its hospitality.
Day 1: Tashkent
Day 2: Fergana Valley
Day 3: Arslanbob
Day 4: Arslanbob
Day 5: Kyrgyz Fergana Valley
Day 6: Kyrgyz Fergana Valley
Day 7: Son-Kol Lake
Day 8: Son-Kol Lake
Day 9: Kochkor
Day 10: Jeti-Oguz Valley
Day 11: Jeti-Oguz Valley
Day 12: Karakol
Day 13: Chong Kemin Valley
Day 14: Chong Kemin Valley
Day 15: Bishkek
Day 16: Bishkek
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep, Russian Bus
- Local Guides where necessary, Local Crew Member in certain areas
- Comfortable Hotel 2 nights
- Basic Hotel 2 nights
- Homestay 5 nights
- Yurt Camp 2 nights
- Wild Camp 4 nights
- 15 Breakfasts
- 6 Lunches
- 9 Dinner
- Any international flights to Tashkent and from Bishkek are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mountain Kingdoms of Kyrgyzstan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mountain Kingdoms of Kyrgyzstan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 June 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 60 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mountain Kingdoms of Kyrgyzstan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mountain Kingdoms of Kyrgyzstan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.