- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the desert city of Bukhara
- Take in the fabled Silk Road city of Samarkand
- Hike around the picturesque lake of the Fann mountains, Lake IskanderKul
- Marvel at splendid markets, minarets and medressa
A spectacular journey of discovery in the footsteps of Alexander the Great. Follow in the footsteps of Alexander the Great and discover the fabled Silk Road oasis towns of Tashkent, Samarkand and Bukhara. After exploring the famous museums of Tashkent we travel to Samarkand with one of the most impressive sights in the region, Registan Square. Discover some of the oldest towns in the world with ancient mosques and palaces, citadels, minarets, colourful bazaars, highly-adorned mausoleums, and age-old traditions. This unforgettable adventure travels through the ancient cultural landscapes and spectacular landscapes of Tajikistan, one of Central Asia's most picturesque countries. Visit the stunning alpine lake of Iskander-Kul on the northern slopes of the Gissar Range in the Fann Mountains, where according to tradition the lake takes its name from Alexander the Great. If you are looking for an unforgettable experience exploring the hidden heart of Central Asia - its natural wonders are perfectly combined with cultural highlights to discover in depth the beauty of this historical region along the ancient Silk Route.
Day 1 : Arrive Tashkent
Day 2 : To Samarkand
Day 3 : In Samarkand
Day 4 : To Bukhara
Day 5 : In Bukhara
Day 6 : To Shahrisabz via Nautaka (Karshi)
Day 7 : To Termez via the Baysun Region
Day 8 : In Termez
Day 9 : To Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Day 10 : In Dushanbe
Day 11 : To Lake Iskanderkul
Day 12 : To Khujand (Alexandria Eshata) via Istravshan
Day 13 : Khujand to Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Day 14 : In Tashkent
Day 15 : Tashkent, trip concludes
- Comfortable hotels on twin share basis
- 14 breakfasts, 13 lunches and 14 dinners
- Airport transfers on day 1 and day 15
- Private transport throughout
- Local sightseeing guide
- Entrance fees to museums and monuments
- Medical kit
- 2 nights homestay on a multishare basis
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, bottled mineral water, soft drinks, alcohol etc
- Optional activities and sightseeing during free time
- Still/video camera fees at monuments
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 100+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 October 2021, a deposit of 1 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.