- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the desert city of Bukhara
- Take in the fabled Silk Road city of Samarkand
- Hike around the picturesque lake of the Fann mountains, Lake IskanderKul
- Marvel at splendid markets, minarets and medressa
A spectacular journey of discovery in the footsteps of Alexander the Great. Follow in the footsteps of Alexander the Great and discover the fabled Silk Road oasis towns of Tashkent, Samarkand and Bukhara. After exploring the famous museums of Tashkent we travel to Samarkand with one of the most impressive sights in the region, Registan Square. Discover some of the oldest towns in the world with ancient mosques and palaces, citadels, minarets, colourful bazaars, highly-adorned mausoleums, and age-old traditions. This unforgettable adventure travels through the ancient cultural landscapes and spectacular landscapes of Tajikistan, one of Central Asia's most picturesque countries. Visit the stunning alpine lake of Iskander-Kul on the northern slopes of the Gissar Range in the Fann Mountains, where according to tradition the lake takes its name from Alexander the Great. If you are looking for an unforgettable experience exploring the hidden heart of Central Asia - its natural wonders are perfectly combined with cultural highlights to discover in depth the beauty of this historical region along the ancient Silk Route.
Day 1 : Arrive Tashkent
Day 2 : To Samarkand
Day 3 : In Samarkand
Day 4 : To Bukhara
Day 5 : In Bukhara
Day 6 : To Shahrisabz via Nautaka (Karshi)
Day 7 : To Termez via the Baysun Region
Day 8 : In Termez
Day 9 : To Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Day 10 : In Dushanbe
Day 11 : To Lake Iskanderkul
Day 12 : To Khujand (Alexandria Eshata) via Istravshan
Day 13 : Khujand to Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Day 14 : In Tashkent
Day 15 : Tashkent, trip concludes
- Comfortable hotels on twin share basis
- 14 breakfasts, 13 lunches and 14 dinners
- Airport transfers on day 1 and day 15
- Private transport throughout
- Local sightseeing guide
- Entrance fees to museums and monuments
- Medical kit
- 2 nights homestay on a multishare basis
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, bottled mineral water, soft drinks, alcohol etc
- Optional activities and sightseeing during free time
- Still/video camera fees at monuments
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 140 today.
- Save US$ 93+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.