- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Behold views of some of the Fann Mountain's 5,000m plus peaks
- Trek isolated valleys, alpine meadows & cross the Alauddin Pass (3,530m)
- Camp beside the stunning Alauddin lakes in the Chapdara River valley
- Journey to the fabled Silk Road cities of Samarkand and Bukhara
We combine a trek in the impressive Pamirs Fann Mountains with the fabled Silk Road cities of Tashkent, Samarkand and Bukhara. The Fann Mountains, boasting numerous 5,000m plus peaks, are a section of the western Pamir-Alay mountain range in Tajikistan, sandwiched by the Zarafshans to the north and the Gissar to the south. The Pamir Mountains are a rugged and remote wilderness of jagged ridges, crystal alpine lakes and snow capped peaks that stretch and fold towards the Hindu Kush and the Karakoram. We combine a five day trek in these impressive mountains with time in the fabled Silk Road cities of Tashkent, Samarkand and Bukhara. From Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan, we travel south to the Tajikistan border and up into the foothills of the Pamirs. In the company of our expert local guides and mule handlers we enter deep valleys with crystal clear lakes and flowering alpine meadows where we may see the summer camps of the Tijiki shepherds. Crossing a string of passes linking isolated valleys including Alauddin Pass (3,530m), we are rewarded with views of the ranges that stretch far into Central Asia and the south. Completing our trek we travel west to the recently reopened border point at Jartepa and on to Samarkand to marvel at the intricate mosques and palaces of the great Tamerlane rule. We complete our trilogy of the Silk Road Cities by visiting Bukhara, a prominent city along the Silk Road trade route between the East and West, with ancient architecture dating largely from the 9th to the 17th centuries.
Day 1 : Arrival in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Day 2 : Into Tajikistan & to Artuch Base Camp
Day 3 : Trek to Kulikalon Lakes
Day 4 : Alauddin Pass to Alauddin Lake
Day 5 : To Mutnoye Lake, return to Alauddin Lake
Day 6 : Laudan Pass to Kulikalon Lakes
Day 7 : Gujtan Pass to Zimut
Day 8 : Transfer from Zimut to Pendjikent
Day 9 : To Samarkand
Day 10 : Explore Samarkand
Day 11 : To Aydar Yurt Camp
Day 12 : To Bukhara
Day 13 : Explore Bukhara
Day 14 : Train to Tashkent, trip concludes
- Comfortable hotels on twin share basis
- 13 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 11 dinners
- Arrival transfer (day 1 only) and departure transfer (day 14 only)
- Local sightseeing guide & mountain guide on trek
- 50l kit bag for personal items provided during trek with 15kg allowance
- Group camping equipment
- Porter and cook services on trek
- Pack animals for porterage
- Train ticket from Tashkent to Samarkand and Bukhara to Tashkent
- Entrance fees to museums and monuments
- Medical kit
- sleeping bags are not provided but can be hired
- International airfares
- Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the program
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, alcohol, etc
- Tips and gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 144 today.
- Earn US$ 96+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Fann Mountains Trek & Silk Road Cities tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Fann Mountains Trek & Silk Road Cities tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Fann Mountains Trek & Silk Road Cities tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.