- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore historic Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan
- Discover the ancient walled city of Khiva, a World Heritage Site
- Journey to Registan Square and take in the minarets and medressas in Samarkand
- Venture to the medieval city of Bukhara and enjoy memorable sightseeing
A journey through the epicentre of Silk Road history. A truly inspirational journey across Central Asia visitng important sites along the ancient Silk Route. We weave our way through the cultural highlights – including the famous museums of Tashkent, the Registan of Samarkand, the sprawling archaeological site of Merv, the magnificent Summer Palace of Bukhara and the ancient city of Khiva, with an opportunity to appreciate the contrasting desert and mountain landscapes that characterise this fascinating region. While appreciating the entwined history and rich legacies of the Silk Road there are also opportunities to have a night at the opera or ballet or visit the colourful markets and handicraft centers where the locals skillfully produce their wares.
Day 1 : Arrive Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Day 2 : In Tashkent, train to Samarkand
Day 3-4 : In Samarkand
Day 5 : Train to Bukhara
Day 6-7 : In Bukhara
Day 8 : Travel to Mary, Turkmenistan
Day 9 : Visit Ancient Merv, fly to Ashgabat
Day 10 : In Ashgabat
Day 11 : Flight to Dashoguz, drive to Khiva
Day 12 : In Khiva
Day 13 : Flight to Tashkent
Day 14 : Trip concludes in Tashkent
- 3 to 4 star accommodation on a twinshare basis except in remoter towns where the best available hotels are used
- 13 breakfasts, 9 lunches
- Internal flights valued at approx. US$180
- All internal transport by private bus, jeep or car
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 14
- Local English speaking tour leader and local city guides
- Local sightseeing, including entrance fees to monuments
- Assistance in arranging visas
- Emergency medical kit
- International airfares
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Meals and beverages not indicated in the program
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, alcohol etc.
- Tips and gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 105+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Central Asia Journey tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 July 2021, a deposit of 351 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Central Asia Journey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Central Asia Journey tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.