- duration 14 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Explore historic Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan
- Discover the ancient walled city of Khiva, a World Heritage Site
- Journey to Registan Square and take in the minarets and medressas in Samarkand
- Venture to the medieval city of Bukhara and enjoy memorable sightseeing
- Marvel at the impressive archaeological site of Merv
A journey through the epicentre of Silk Road history. A truly inspirational journey across Central Asia visitng important sites along the ancient Silk Route. We weave our way through the cultural highlights – including the famous museums of Tashkent, the Registan of Samarkand, the sprawling archaeological site of Merv, the magnificent Summer Palace of Bukhara and the ancient city of Khiva, with an opportunity to appreciate the contrasting desert and mountain landscapes that characterise this fascinating region. While appreciating the entwined history and rich legacies of the Silk Road there are also opportunities to have a night at the opera or ballet or visit the colourful markets and handicraft centers where the locals skillfully produce their wares.
Day 1 : Arrive Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Day 2 : In Tashkent, train to Samarkand
Day 3-4 : In Samarkand
Day 5 : Train to Bukhara
Day 6-7 : In Bukhara
Day 8 : Travel to Mary, Turkmenistan
Day 9 : Visit Ancient Merv, fly to Ashgabat
Day 10 : In Ashgabat
Day 11 : Flight to Dashoguz, drive to Khiva
Day 12 : In Khiva
Day 13 : Flight to Tashkent
Day 14 : Trip concludes in Tashkent
- 3 to 4 star accommodation on a twinshare basis except in remoter towns where the best available hotels are used
- 13 breakfasts, 9 lunches
- Internal flights valued at approx. US$180
- All internal transport by private bus, jeep or car
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 14
- Local English speaking tour leader and local city guides
- Local sightseeing, including entrance fees to monuments
- Assistance in arranging visas
- Emergency medical kit
- International airfares
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Meals and beverages not indicated in the program
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, alcohol etc.
- Tips and gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 145 today.
- Earn US$ 96+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Central Asia Journey tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 March 2022, a deposit of 1500 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Central Asia Journey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Central Asia Journey tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Guides are trained in our COVID-19 response plan that has been developed in line with state government medical provisions.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.