Tanzania Eco Tours
Tanzania eco tours are based on the idea of showing visitors the natural wonders and wildlife of the country while minimizing environmental impact, supporting local communities and economies, and promoting conservation efforts. Here are some of the popular eco-tours in Tanzania:
Eco Tours in Serengeti National Park: Serengeti National Park eco-tours offer you the chance to experience the vast savannas, diverse wildlife, and unique ecosystems of the park. Enjoy wildlife safaris in open-top vehicles and hot-air balloons to appreciate the park’s wildlife and landscape. Walking tours are a great eco-friendly option for exploring the park, where you will also get to learn about the local flora and fauna while experiencing the wilderness at a slower pace. Learn about the local culture and traditions by visiting Maasai villages and giving back to local communities.
Eco tours in Zanzibar: Explore Zanzibar’s stunning beaches, coral reefs, and lush forests while supporting sustainable tourism practices on Zanzibar tours. Enjoy snorkeling and diving in the underwater world and find a greater appreciation for coral reefs and marine ecosystems. Learn why they are important to our planet. Support conservation efforts by exploring Zanzibar’s lush forests and discovering the island’s fauna and flora.
Eco tours in Mt. Kilimanjaro: Experience the natural beauty of the highest peak in Africa while supporting sustainable tourism practices. Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro is one of the most popular activities in Tanzania. There are several routes of varying difficulty levels that provide the chance to experience the mountain's diverse ecosystems, from rainforests to alpine deserts. Spot local bird and wildlife species in their natural habitat while promoting responsible wildlife viewing practices. There are several villages close to Mt. Kilimanjaro, and eco-tours offer you the opportunity to learn about the local culture and traditional farming and cooking practices.
Eco tours in Tanzania based on budget
Enjoy a wealth of adventures and activities on your Tanzania eco-tour that aligns with your budget and preferences.
Luxury Eco Tours in Tanzania: Luxury eco-tours in Tanzania offer carbon-neutral transport arrangements and sustainable high-end hotels. Enjoy personal attention from private guides and exclusive experiences that will leave lasting memories. And you can rest assured that your carbon footprint during your tour will be compensated for.
Budget Eco Tours in Tanzania: Traveling on a budget does not mean you have to miss out on any of the amazing experiences Tanzania has to offer. Budget eco-tours in Tanzania offer comfortable accommodations in simple hotels and the chance to savor the country’s incredible cuisine in local eateries.
Tanzania eco-tours by age
Tanzania’s beautiful landscapes and friendly people make it a fantastic destination for all age groups.
Tanzania eco-tours by popular travel theme
Tanzania’s incredible landscapes, diverse wildlife, and wild, untouched terrain offer a variety of eco-friendly adventures and sustainable tourism experiences.
Travel experience and benefits of Tanzania eco tours
Tanzania eco-tours offer a unique and memorable travel experience that allows you to connect with nature, experience local culture, and support sustainable tourism practices.
- Tanzania is home to some of the world's most iconic natural wonders, including Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, and Mt. Kilimanjaro. An eco-tour allows you to experience these natural wonders up close while learning about their importance and the need to protect them.
- Eco tours support sustainable tourism practices that minimize environmental impact and support local communities. By choosing an eco-tour, you can help support responsible tourism and contribute to the conservation of Tanzania's natural and cultural heritage.
- Tanzania is home to many wildlife, including lions, elephants, zebras, and giraffes. Eco-tours offer responsible wildlife viewing experiences that minimize disturbance to the animals and their habitats.
- Tanzania is a culturally rich country with over 120 ethnic groups. An eco-tour offers the opportunity to learn about local culture and customs through visits to villages, interaction with local people, and participation in cultural activities.
Tips when on Tanzania eco tours
- Always follow the park rules and regulations and maintain a respectful distance from animals. Do not disturb the animals or their habitats, and do not leave any trash or litter behind.
- Bring eco-friendly products such as reusable water bottles and cloth bags to help reduce plastic waste in Tanzania.
- Consider offsetting your carbon emissions by supporting reforestation projects. All our eco-tours practice carbon offsetting, so you do not have to worry about the environmental impact of your travel.
- Look for eco-friendly accommodations such as lodges that use renewable energy, have low water usage, and support local communities.
- Leave no trace behind when you are in the wilderness. Ensure you pack out all your trash and follow Leave No Trace principles to help preserve the natural environment.
- Take the opportunity to engage with local people and support their businesses by buying locally-made eco-friendly products.
Contact our local tour specialists to plan a customized eco-tour to Tanzania.
For more inspiration, check out our Tanzania travel guide.