- duration 11 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Cycling on the beautiful Estonian island of Hiiumaa
- Discovering the small towns and villages enroute
- Exploring the historic centres of Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn
- The coastal scenery of the Baltic coast and the wildness of the national parks
A self guided supported cycle through Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania exploring the contrasting cultures and natural landscapes of the Baltic. Discover the contrasting characters of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania on this scenic self guided cycle route from Tallinn to Vilnius. While these three countries share the same Baltic coastline, their cultural differences will become apparent as you pedal at your own pace between the three capitals - Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn - and the many small villages that have changed little over time. Following low traffic roads and dedicated cycle paths, the trip will showcase the diverse cultures, World Heritage sites and largely flat landscapes that make travelling in this region so different to anywhere else in Europe. Enjoy a ride through one of the last unspoiled regions of the Baltic coast at Lahemaa National Park and discover the 'Estonian Switzerland' at Otepää Lakeland. Crossing into Latvia, dip your toes in the Baltic Sea at the white sandy beaches of Jurmula, visit Latvia's oldest Church and pay homage at a bicycle museum. In Lithuania, marvel at the pilgrimage sight at the Hill of Crosses, enter the previously off-limits Curonian Spit and explore the island castle at Trakai before riding on to the Lithuanian capital of Vilnius. Support will be provided by a driver who will transfer your luggage each day and provide assistance during the cycle day if required and professional guides will provide city tours in each capital.
Day 1 : Arrive Tallinn, Estonia
Day 2 : Cycling in Lahemaa National Park (53km/33mi), overnight Sagadi
Day 3 : Cycle along Peipsi Lake (50km/31mi), transfer to the university town of Tartu
Day 4 : Cycle through the 'Estonian Switzerland' (28km/18mi), transfer to Sigulda
Day 5 : Cycle through Gauja National Park (17km/11mi), transfer to Riga
Day 6 : Explore Riga, cycle to Jurmala (35km/22mi), return to Riga by train
Day 7 : Enter Lithuania,visit Hill of Crosses, cycle to Klaipeda (46km/29mi or 32km/20mi)
Day 8 : Ferry then cycle the Curonian Spit National Park (57km/36mi) to Nida
Day 9 : Cross the Curonian Lagoon, cycle to Vente Cape (31km/19mi), transfer to Kaunas
Day 10 : Cycle to the island castle at Trakai (20km/13mi), transfer to Vilnius
Day 11 : Trip concludes
- 10 nights in 3 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- Information pack with route notes and map (one set per room)
- 10 breakfasts - generally buffet style with breads, cheese, some meats, spreads and perhaps yoghurt and muesli. There will also be juice, coffee and tea available.
- Internal transfers as described by air-conditioned minibus
- Luggage transfers
- Support vehicle in area (except Jurmala and the Curonian Spit)
- Guided tours in Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius (entrance fees extra - payable locally)
- Bike rental with helmet, pannier and handlebar bag (electric bike available, also tandem bikes with two panniers - on request - supplement applies)
- Boat trip across Curonian Lagoon from Nida to the mainland
- Emergency hotline
- GPS Tracks on request
- Travel to and from Tallin / Vilnius
- Dinner, drinks and lunch each day (optional 6 dinner package is available which includes a 3 course dinner every night except in Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius - supplement applies)
- Tour guide - this is a self guided cycle tour
- Entrance fees for tourist sites
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Items of a personal nature - eg. phone calls, laundry
- SPD pedals can be supplied on request - supplement applies
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 100 today.
- Save US$ 66+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Treasures of the Baltic Self Guided Cycle tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Treasures of the Baltic Self Guided Cycle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Treasures of the Baltic Self Guided Cycle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.