- Enjoy a picturesque walk in the medieval Old Town;
- Grasp the major Tallinn highlights;
- Spend 2 hours of free time on your own enjoying shopping or food at Estonian cafes!
The tour meeting point is outside the main port gate, where your guide will be waiting for you. After that board the bus and get ready to see the historical part of Tallinn after a 5-minute drive. The Old Town which consists of the Upper Town and Lower Town will surely strike you with its medieval architecture.
The most recognizable Tallinn highlights are the Fat Margaret Tower, the Great Coastal Gate and the city wall with defensive towers. They will be on your way to the Upper Town, where you are going to get off the bus to start your walking tour.
The sight of medieval constructions will not leave you unaffected, as buildings look like the ones from historical movies. You will behold merchant houses, St Olaf’s church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, the Three Sisters Houses (nowadays it is a privileged 5-star hotel). After that walk along the narrow cobble-stoned streets, we proceed to Toompea Hill, where you will enjoy the spectacular sight of the city.
You will enrich your knowledge not only about Tallinn’s history but will get acquainted with the Estonian lifestyle, citizens’ favorite places for shopping and walking as well!
At the end of your walking tour your guide will explain everyone how to come back to the ship safe and sound in 2 hours and clarify the pickup spot.
The remaining 2 hours are at your disposal – proceed exploring city highlights further, take pictures, go shopping or have a lunch at an Estonian restaurant. It is important to meet everyone at the appointed place in time to be transferred back to the port.
Remember that time flies fast when you are engaged in an exciting activity. If you want to spend more time in the city and walk to the ship or catch a taxi there, notify your guide about it in advance.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Port pick-up and drop-off for round-trip shared transfer in a mini-bus
- 2 hours 45 min walking tour
- 2 hours of free time
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
• This is a shared small-group tour
• Not recommended for participants with back problems
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• A small amount of walking is involved
• Not wheelchair accessible
• A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Tour start time:
30 minutes after ship docks (or if other time is specified by your tour operator). Meeting place for the tour is OUTSIDE THE MAIN PORT GATE..
The meeting point is located Outside the cruise harbour gate and your guide is not allowed to walk inside the port. Due to port reconstruction, meeting locations have changed and you have to walk 5-15 minutes from your ship (depending on the pier number) to reach the meeting point of private tour operators.
Directions to Departure Location
When you exit the ship, you need to walk past the souvenir shopping area towards city center. Depending on the location of your ship, your ship may dock right next to souvenir shopping or you may need to walk about 200-300 meters (220-330 yards) to reach the souvenir shopping area. Please note that there are some tour buses inside cruise port area but these are operated by cruise ship agents. Independent tour operators have no authorization to enter this secured area. When walking out of the port, you will pass a big hot air balloon and hop-on hop-off buses. Please continue walking towards the gate. There is only 1 gate out of cruise port and this is the place where both tour buses and customers exit the port area. Our guides are waiting for your right outside of cruise port gate. If you cannot locate your guide please go to the Tourist Information Booth and ask them to call the number below so that we would pick you up!
Please look for sign ULKOTOURS and simply check in with the manager.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.