Petra to Wadi Rum: How to Travel
- 198 views
Wadi Rum is a paradise for adventure lovers. With miles of rolling dunes and dramatic mountains, ths ancient desert of Jordan draws many visitors from around the world, eager to see its breathtaking landscape, spectacular rock formations, prehistoric rock art, and a profusion of stars in the exceptionally clear desert sky. You can explore Wadi Rum on foot, on the back of a camel, or in a four-wheel drive.
WAYS TO GET THERE
There are several different ways to get to Wadi Rum from Petra. Traveling between the two destinations is easy, comfortable, and quick, thanks to the many options available.
The bus ride from Wadi Rum to Petra takes close to three hours. The journey will take you through the gorgeous King’s Highway and the Desert’s Highway. Traveling by bus can take slightly longer than in a car because of several stops along the way, but it is much more affordable at around USD 15.
- Buses depart from Wadi Musa in Petra.
- If you want to reach Wadi Rum for a tour before 9 am, travel a day in advance because you may run behind schedule.
- For more comfort, choose a higher-class bus with amenities like bathrooms, Wi-Fi, and air conditioning.
- To guarantee a decent bus seat, purchase tickets in advance.
Hiring a taxi or a car is a great option if you prefer traveling on your schedule and make pit stops along the way. There are numerous locations in Petra where you can rent a car for individual trips. You can also rent a car for a round trip that takes you from Petra to Wadi Rum and back. The cost of hiring a car is about USD 50 to 55 per day. The drive is quite easy because the roads in Jordan are generally in good condition. If you have booked a hotel outside the protected area, you can drive the car straight to the hotel.
- Cars can be hired for a one-way journey or for a round trip.
- You can find taxis easily lined outside the Visitor Center, or you can simply flag one down.
- When you arrive in Wadi Rum, you will have to leave the rental car at the Visitor Centre.
- If you are hiring a taxi, you can also share it with another passenger to split the fare.
- Rental cars are typically very safe to leave at the visitor center.
WADI RUM TOURS
If you are looking for an easy, stress-free way to travel from Petra to Wadi Rum, you can book all-inclusive Wadi Rum tours leaving from Petra. When organizing a trip, you will have to make a lot of arrangements, such as planning an itinerary, finding transportation, and booking accommodations. This can become hectic and tiring. An all-inclusive tour makes all the arrangements for you. Here are a few excellent tours to consider:
- Tour of Petra, Wadi Rum, and the Dead Sea where the three-day tour begins in Petra and takes you to the three most popular attractions in Jordan.
- The Petra and Wadi rum Tour where the tour is a private, guided tour that will allow you to enjoy jeep safari, camel riding, and hiking while you explore Wadi Rum and Petra.
There are many ways to get to Wadi Rum, be it by bus or car or by joining an organized tour. If you are on a trip to Jordan, make time to see Wadi Rum, one of the biggest attractions in the country. For detailed information on a customized tour of Jordan, get in touch with our local travel experts in Jordan.
If you are looking to explore more, there are other destinations in Jordan with abundant opportunities to venture out. You can check out the guide on things to do in Jordan to find our activities that best suit you. For a seasonal overview of the country, you can read our guide on the best time to visit Jordan.