Jordan in June: The Start of Summer
- 242 views
As June welcomes a warm, gentle breeze and bright skies all around Jordan, the month is regarded as one of the best summer times to visit the country. The cold spring season has come to an end and the summer is just starting. The daytime temperature during June is just right to explore the many destinations in Jordan, including Petra, Amman, and the Dead Sea. So if you are planning a vacation in Jordan, then June is the perfect time for you.
Jordan weather in June
June is the first month of summer in Jordan, with the average temperatures ranging from 16 °C to 32 °C, which is much cooler than July and August. But if you are traveling in Jordan in June, be prepared for the temperature to drop significantly at night, especially if you are traveling in the country’s highlands. The country also sees less rainfall during this month, so there are also chances of sandstorms.
Check out our seasonal guide for the best time to visit Jordan.
Weather in Jordan in June - Rainfall and Temperatures
|Avg Daily (°C)||12||13||16||22||27||30||31||31||30||26||19||14|
|Avg Nightly (°C)||4||5||7||10||14||17||19||18||17||14||9||5|
|Avg Daily (°F)||53.6||55.4||60.8||71.6||80.6||86||87.8||87.8||86||78.8||66.2||57.2|
|Avg Nightly (°F)||39.2||41||44.6||50||57.2||62.6||66.2||64.4||62.6||57.2||48.2||41|
|Avg Rainfall (mm)||50||50||40||10||10||10||10||10||10||10||30||60|
Why visit Jordan in June
Besides ideal summertime weather for traveling, there are several reasons why you should take a trip Jordan in June. Here are some that might strike your fancy:
- Coronation day celebrations: On the 9th of June 1999, King Abdullah was crowned in Jordan. That means the day is a public holiday, and celebrations are held across the country to celebrate the coronation.
- Hiking: June is the perfect time to go hiking in Jordan. Take advantage of the early summer weather to go hiking in Ajloun and Wadi Mujib.
- Fewer crowds: June is the month that follows right after the peak tourist season in Jordan, so there will be fewer crowds at popular tourist sights. Take the opportunity to explore the country’s famous sights and natural beauty whilst the weather in the wake of spring is still pleasant.
- Better rates: As June is regarded as a low season in Jordan, hotel and flight rates are lower during this time. So, by visiting Jordan in June you will also be stretching your travel budget.
- Fun at Aqaba: The place is perfect for spending the day with family or friends and creating priceless travel memories. There are lots of things to do in Aqaba, including diving in areas like Kiwi Reef and Blue Coral. You can also unwind on one of Aqaba's many beaches, like the City Beach or Benerice Beach. A visit to Aqaba Marine Park is also recommended. Here you can enjoy diving, swimming, and glass-boat tours to spot marine life and coral reefs.
Where to go and what to do
Depending on how many days you have, there will be different things that you will want to prioritize while visiting Jordan in June.
The cream of the crop when it comes to the destinations in Jordan is, of course, the ancient rock city of Petra. With June being the low season, you can explore this world’s wonder with fewer tourist crowds around. You can also explore Petra after dark when the temperature is much cooler and the candle-lit tour more magical.
For outdoor fun, take a trip to Wadi Mujib’s canyon and its deep pools. Swim, slide, and trek the beautiful canyons for a memorable holiday experience.
We recommend you to take a trip to Amman, the capital of Jordan, which is a great place for a city tour. The city is a living, breathing museum with many ancient monuments and archaeological sites scattered throughout. The past and the present collide in Amman. Here you can learn about the rich history, culture, and heritage of Jordan.
Visit Mount Nebo to explore its rich biblical history, sites, and monuments. Floating in the Dead Sea is another activity you will want to experience when in Jordan. Lather yourself in the mineral-rich mud and enjoy a relaxing day in the salt lake.
Aqaba should be another destination on your itinerary if you are visiting Jordan in June. The only coastal city in Jordan is a great place to cool off on its beaches and experience water activities like reef diving and snorkeling. The port city also has many historical sites and landmarks.
There is no shortage of places to see and things to do in Jordan in June. The early summer weather is great for outdoor activities like hiking, city sightseeing, hiking, and swimming. What is more, your travel budget will last you longer and take you a long way thanks to the low-season discount on travel and accommodation.
Chat with one of our travel experts in the country who can help you design a tailor-made trip to Jordan, or have a look at our guide on how many days to spend in Jordan.
Other related articles:
Jordan in May
Jordan in July
Jordan private tours
Jordan group tours