- 231 views
Italy in November is nothing short of spectacular, with the summer season fading and the winter season taking over. Be it the historic Rome or the gorgeous Venice, there are ample destinations to discover in Italy. Hike through the undulating landscape of Tuscany and visit its hill towns of San Gimignano, Volterra, and Cortona. Wander down the alleys of the enchanting city of Puglia and discover the Amalfi Coast. Although November is not a beach season, there are plenty of beaches in Sardinia and Sicily for those adventurous enough to unwind in the crisp autumn air.
Italy undergoes a seasonal transition in November and its ambiance changes every week. The weather can turn unpredictable in a few places, making your holiday a true adventure. While it can be warm and sunny at the beginning of November, you can expect cold, gloomy days towards the end of the month. The temperature in Italy in November can range between 7°C and 16°C in the central region and 13°C to 18°C in the south. It can get pretty cold in the northern parts of the country, with temperatures hovering between 2°C to 10°C.
For a seasonal overview, read our guide on the best time to visit Italy.
By November, Italy's sunny glory weather is officially over and crowds have disappeared, leaving restaurants and museums less congested. Not only will you find attractive discounts and deals from airlines and hotels, but you will also get to take part in excellent culinary events unique to this time of year. So, pack your bags and get ready for your next adventure in Italy.
Here are a few of the many good reasons to visit Italy in November.
- Lesser crowds: November is one of the few months where you can enjoy the striking attractions of Italy at your own pace without long queues. Since the majority of tourists plan their trips to Italy during summer, November sees fewer visitors, making it perfect for travelers who value tranquility.
- Better rates: Lesser crowds also mean that you can avail of good discounts for flights and accommodation. Take advantage of the best rates and explore the famous museums and galleries in Italy like the Vatican Museum in Rome and the Uffizi Gallery in Florence.
- Festivals in November: The famous Romaeuropa Festival, which is a multi-disciplinary art fiesta, takes place annually in Rome and sees the participation of renowned artists from all over the world. Besides, you can enjoy live concerts and performances at the Rome Jazz Festival and even participate in the Ravenna Marathon if you wish to.
- Food fiesta: A number of food festivals are hosted throughout Italy during November, including the Turin Chocolate Festival. This gives you the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in local culture.
- Authentic feeling: Less footprint results in the temporary closure of most shops that specifically cater to foreigners. Use this opportunity to experience the authentic side of Italy by visiting its local cafes, shops, and boutiques.
- Fantastic photo opportunities: With fewer crowds in November, you can easily snap away as many pictures as you please. Unlike other months, you can capture the most picturesque sites in Florence, Bologna, and Tivoli without any interruption.
November is an excellent month to visit and enjoy some of the best places in Italy, such as Venice, Rome, Naples, and Florence. Plan an indoor excursion to the famous Duomo di Milano Cathedral, a Gothic masterpiece, and Sforzesco Castle, home to a wealth of medieval arts. Head to the Brera Museum to see Da Vinci´s Last Supper and take a trip to Teatro alla Scala, a world-famous opera house located in Milan.
For outdoor enthusiasts, there is Orvieto, a clifftop village perched above a massive volcanic mound, along with the Dolomites in northeast Italy. Mingle with the people in Minori, Maiori, and Ravello as you wander across the Amalfi Coast. Go on a wine-tasting tour in Tuscany and enjoy a scenic train ride from Milan to Verona.
November in Italy is the most magical time of the year with the mist rising and leaves changing their color. Tick off the famous landmarks in the country while you relish the timeless taste of Italian culture. Engage in heartwarming activities unique to each city to create unforgettable memories. Italy during the month guarantees an enjoyable time with lesser crowds and cheaper rates than during any other month of the year.
Check out our Italy tours in November.