Israel in April: Travel Tips for Spring
- 1.34k views
Rich in historical heritage, picturesque landscapes, and amazing food, what is there not to love about Israel? The spring month of April holds something special in Israel for visitors. This is the time when the country’s flora and fauna come to life. Visit Israel in April if you wish to see the holy land at its most picturesque. Tourist crowds are also thin around this time. Enjoy Israel’s top attractions at your own pace. Go see the ancient ruins of the Golan Heights and Akko, enjoy a healing dip in the Dead Sea, explore the pristine nature reserve of Ein Gedi, and discover the stunning deserts of the Negev Desert. A trip to Israel in April is full of wonderful discoveries.
Israel Weather in April
Israel in April offers warm spring days and comfortable cool nights with the most moderate temperature of the year. The average temperature fluctuates between 14°C and 23°C during the day. At night, the mercury hovers at around the 10°C mark. April is your last chance to explore the sandy deserts of Israel before the scorching summer sun creeps in.
Although the Israel weather in April is generally dry with three rainy days on average, you may experience unexpected showers in some regions like Tiberias. Places like Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, and Eilat have the least chance of rainfall.
For a seasonal overview, check out our guide on the best time to visit Israel.
Weather in Israel in April - Rainfall and Temperatures
|Avg Daily (°C)||17||18||20||25||27||29||31||31||30||28||24||18|
|Avg Nightly (°C)||8||8||10||12||15||18||21||21||20||17||12||9|
|Avg Daily (°F)||62.6||64.4||68||77||80.6||84.2||87.8||87.8||86||82.4||75.2||64.4|
|Avg Nightly (°F)||46.4||46.4||50||53.6||59||64.4||69.8||69.8||68||62.6||53.6||48.2|
|Avg Rainfall (mm)||110||110||60||20||10||10||10||10||10||30||70||80|
Why Visit Israel in April
April in Israel is a month typically jam-packed with activities, including festivals, musical concerts, and performances. Here are a few of the many reasons why you should visit Israel in April.
- Fewer crowds: There are far fewer tourists in Israel in April relative to the high season (June to September). As a result, the country’s top attractions are not crowded or busy. You will get to enjoy them at your own pace.
- Affordable rates: Fewer visitors means lower hotel and transport rates. Therefore, if you are traveling on a strict budget, April is one of the best months to visit Israel.
- Passover: Passover, commonly known as the Feast of Unleavened Bread, is the most significant day on the Jewish calendar. Be a part of the celebration, where the Jewish people commemorate the abolition of their ancestors' enslavement in Egypt while celebrating the customary Easter lamb.
- Outdoor activities: The spring season in Israel brings gentler weather that is more conducive for outdoor activities, including riding and trekking in the Golan Heights and the Dead Sea region.
- Birdwatching: During spring, around 500 million birds migrate across the Hula Valley. The Eilat Birding Center and the nearby Lotan Nature and Birds Reserve are great spots to witness this amazing spectacle.
Where to Go and What to Do
Tel Aviv, Haifa, Nazareth, and Jerusalem are some of the top places to visit in Israel. Kick-start your journey from Tel Aviv, tour the historic port city of Jaffa, and shop at the flea market. Then, continue to Haifa and unwind at its famous Bahai Gardens. Next, take a trip to Nazareth, where you can see one of the Middle East’s biggest cathedrals, the Basilica of the Annunciation. And while you are there, do not forget to enjoy a relaxing dip in the Dead Sea.
Head to Jerusalem, take a stroll through its ancient streets, and take in the breathtaking view of the old city from the top of the Mount of Olives. Also, check out Mount Zion and King David's Tomb.
Nature lovers, go on a hiking escapade in Ein Gedi Nature Reserve or the Nakhal Kziv Reserve. Israel also boasts fantastic beaches such as Alama Beach and Banana Beach, where you can relax in the sun and take in the breeze from the Mediterranean Sea.
What to Bring
Pack sun-protective clothing made of breathable fabric, sunglasses, and a wide-brimmed hat. Also, do not forget to pack some modest outfits to wear when visiting holy sites.
Israel is home to some of the most significant historical and religious sites in the world, as well as beautiful landscapes, from beaches to deserts to mountains. For those visiting Israel in April, they will find an ideal balance of affordable travel costs, low tourist crowds, and good weather. Add to this unbeatable combination the sheer wealth of sights and activities Israel has to offer, and you have a perfect holiday destination.
Other Related Articles:
Israel in March
Israel in May