- Food tour
- Museum and gallery visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Syracusa Discover the ancient Greek and Roman sites of a city which once rivalled Athens in the Greek world
- Agrigento Visit the Valley of the Temples
- Palermo Sicily's capital, visit the majestic Norman cathedral at Monreale
- Taormina Visit the famous Greek theatre with excellent views of Mount Etna
Sicily is an ideal destination for anyone interested in ancient history, as there are so many sites to see within such close proximity. Our experiences will be brought to life by local expert Antonio Marretta. Agrigento - Visit Sicily's most famous Classical remains in the Valley of the Temples with its remarkable Doric architecture Syracusa - Discover the ancient ruins in the Neapolis Archaeological Park and the attractive lanes and piazza's of Ortygia Island Villa Romana del Casale - See some of the best preserved and most extensive mosaics left in Europe at this Roman villa.
Day 1 : Join trip in Syracusa
Day 2 : See Syracusa's historic Neapolis and Ortygia Island
Day 3 : Drive via the Baroque city of Noto to Piazza Armerina
Day 4 : Visit Villa Romana del Casale and the excavations at Morgantina
Day 5 : Drive via Enna to Agrigento and visit the Valley of the Temples
Day 6 : Visit historic Heraclea Minoa and drive via Selinute to Marsala
Day 7 : Ferry to Mozia Island; free afternoon
Day 8 : Explore beautiful Erice and Segesta en route to Palermo
Day 9 : Excursion to the ruins at Solunto; afternoon free in Palermo
Day 10 : Walking tour of Palermo and visit to Monreale Cathedral
Day 11 : Free day in Palermo with the chance to visit Zisa Palace
Day 12 : Drive via the pretty fishing town of Cefalu to Giardini Naxos
Day 13 : Option to go up Mount Etna; explore Taormina and its Greek theatre
Day 14 : Free day in Giardini Naxos to relax on the coast
Day 15 : Trip ends in Giardini Naxos
- 14 Breakfasts
- Jolly Aretusa Palace Hotel (2 nights)
- Hotel Villa Romana (2 nights)
- Hotel Akrabello (1 night)
- Hotel President (2 nights)
- Ibis Styles Palermo Cristal (4 nights)
- Hotel la Riva (3 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Guest Lecturer
- Any international flights to Syracusa and from Giardini Naxos are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ancient Sicily tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 108+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ancient Sicily tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 July 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ancient Sicily tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ancient Sicily tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.