- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Sydney and see its main attractions, including the Sydney Opera House
- Go on a day cruise in the Great Barrier Reef, visit 2 reef sites & snorkel
- Enjoy a wine & cheese tasting experience in Hunter Valley
- Participate in tons of activities throughout the trip
Travel to Byron Bay, a laid-back surfers paradise with a boundless coastline and friendly locals before engaging in a once-in-a-lifetime 4WD adventure on Fraser Island. Take a leisurely day cruise through the postcard-perfect islands of the Whitsundays, including a stop at the famed Whitehaven Beach before driving through undulating cane fields of historic Tully, where you will get the chance to learn more about Aboriginal art and culture.
End your trip on a high note in the Great Barrier Reef with a full-day exploration of two different reef sights, with included snorkeling and marine conservation commentary from your boat crew. Enjoy beautiful sceneries, great food and a variety of down-to-earth experiences that can only be enjoyed in small groups, all paired with local knowledge. Scroll down the itinerary for more details.
Day 1: Sydney
Day 2: Hunter Valley and New Castle
Day 3: Port Macquarie via Forster
Day 4: Dorrigo National Park
Day 5: Dorrigo National Park to Byron Bay
Day 6: Byron Bay
Day 7: Noosa
Day 8: Fraser Island & Noosa
Day 9: Noosa to Airlie Beach (via Brisbane)
Day 10: Whitsunday Islands Cruise and Airlie Beach
Day 11: Mission Beach
Day 12: Cairns via the Atherton Tablelands
Day 13: Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef
Day 14: Cairns
- All hotel accommodation
- Meals: 11 breakfasts, 3 lunches & 3 dinners
- All transport (Private buses, flight and boat trips) as per the itinerary
- Whitsundays Island explorer day cruise
- Great Barrier Reef day cruise including 2 reef sites, snorkeling, lunch on board, bird sanctuary and optional scuba diving
- Port Macquarie sunset cruise and Koala Hospital visit
- Hunter Valley wine & cheese tasting experience including gourmet lunch
- Fraser Island 4wd adventure
- An experienced tour guide. A ranger guide in an Australian animal conservation park
- Unique and immersive aboriginal experience
- International flights to Sydney and from Cairns
- Learn to Surf in Byron Bay: AUD70. Yoga in Byron Bay: AUD70. Scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef: from AUD70. Kayak Tour in Byron Bay: AUD64
- Anything mentioned 'optional on the itinerary
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationTravelers must be 18+ to travel on the tour unless an approved minor (8+ years old) is accompanied by an adult. There is not age limit, but all guest must be young in spirit & active enough to participate daily in light to medium walks, some lasting up to 2 hours.