- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- Taste wine in the Hunter Valley.
- Bliss out in famous Byron Bay.
- Island hop through the Whitsundays.
- Overnight at a camp in the Noosa Everglades
The route up Australia’s East Coast has earned its rep as one of the seemingly endless supply of must-do experiences in the country. The classic Sydney-to-Cairns route introduces you to both sides of modern Australia — the bright lights of the big city and the raw beauty of the Outback. You’ll get to try your hand at dozens of activities — everything from wine-tasting to sailing and snorkelling. And when you travel in small groups like we do, you really get out there into the wild to meet the locals and experience the land like they do. That amazing new frontier you’ve been looking for? Here it is.
Day 1: Sydney
Day 2: Sydney
Day 3: Sydney/Tamworth
Day 4: Tamworth/Yamba
Day 5: Yamba/Byron Bay
Day 6: Byron Bay
Day 7: Byron Bay/Brisbane
Day 8: Brisbane/Noosa Everglades
Day 9: Noosa Everglades/Fraser Island
Day 10: Fraser Island/Airlie Beach
Day 11: Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands
Day 12: Whitsunday Islands
Day 13: Whitsunday Islands/Airlie Beach
Day 14: Airlie Beach/Cairns
Day 15: Cairns
Day 16: Cairns
- Hostels (11 nts), overnight train (1 nt), maxi yacht (2 nts), cabin (1 nt). All nights multi-share.
9 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD390-510 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, train, maxi yacht, 4x4 vehicle, ferry, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Reef Ecologic Coral Restoration, Whitsunday Islands
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Hands-On Moment: Wine Tutorial, Hunter Valley
- Your Hands-On Moment: Surfing Lesson, Byron Bay
- Your Discover Moment: Byron Bay
- Your Discover Moment: Cairns
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Cairns
- Sydney orientation walk
- Fraser Island 4x4 excursion
- Entrance fees to Cooloola Recreation Area and Fraser Island in Great Sandy NP
- Noosa Everglades overnight experience
- Noosa Everglades canoeing excursion
- Whitsunday Islands sailing excursion (3 days)
- Whitehaven Beach visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Sydney and from Cairns are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Most of the Coast: Sydney to Cairns tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 126 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 84 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Most of the Coast: Sydney to Cairns tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Most of the Coast: Sydney to Cairns tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.