- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Witness the magnificence of the Great Barrier Reef on a bucketlist ticking snorkelling adventure. Brimming with colourful coral and tropical fish, enjoy an included cruise from Cairns to explore this underwater paradise.
- Take an incredible 4WD adventure through the breathtaking landscape of Fraser Island. Venture across undulating sand dunes and vast golden beach in search of that iconic outback creature, the dingo!
- Keep your eye out for koalas and kangaroos on your way to a cheese, chocolate and winefilled lunch in the chilledout Hunter Valley – a picturesque region in the rural hills of New South Wales.
- Cruise through the postcardperfect islands of the Whitsundays, including a stop at the worldfamous Whitehaven beach. Surround yourself with dazzling white sands and azure waters as you discover this idyllic corner of Queensland.
Explore Australia’s stunning east coast from the iconic cityscapes of Sydney to the tropical hub of Cairns on an epic trip that hits all the highlights in just two weeks. Sample wine and cheese as you venture through the picturesque Hunter Valley, meet cute and cuddly koalas in an animal hospital near Port Macquarie, hike down for a dip in the cascading waters at Dangar Falls then hang loose in the bustling beachside town of Byron. Next, follow the sun-kissed coastline to Queensland and take an off-road adventure across Fraser Island, sail through the picture-perfect islands of the Whitsundays, flop and drop on the palm-fringed sands of Mission Beach and explore the colourful underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef.
The Hunter Valley & Newcastle
Dorrigo National Park
Brisbane to Fraser Island
Whitsundays Cruise and Airlie Beach
Atherton Tableands - Cairns
- Hotel (11 nights), Motel (1 night), Pub (1 night)
- 10 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- private bus , plane
- An expert tour leader
- Hunter Valley wine, cheese, chocolate and organic vodka distillery tour
- Wildlife Park
- Port Macquarie sunset cruise
- Dangar Falls
- Koala Hospital - Port Macquaire
- Byron Bay farm to plate organic dinner
- Giingan Cultural Experience
- Fraser Island 4WD day trip
- Flight Brisbane to Airlie Beach
- Whitsunday Islands sailing
- Great Barrier Reef day cruise
- Any international flights to Sydney and NSW and from Cairns are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sydney to Cairns Northbound tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 178+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sydney to Cairns Northbound tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 July 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sydney to Cairns Northbound tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sydney to Cairns Northbound tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
- This trip covers around 2600km / 1615miles over 14 days. There are some long travelling days. (An included flight between Brisbane and Proserpine speeds things up) but it’s all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers.
- The weather can change considerably between Sydney and Cairns. Please check out the weather info in this document and pack accordingly.
- This trip visits some amazing beaches along the way. Please consider your swimming competency before getting in the water.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers