- City sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 16
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Witness the magnificence of the Great Barrier Reef on a bucketlist ticking snorkelling adventure. Brimming with colourful coral and tropical fish, enjoy an included cruise from Cairns to explore this underwater paradise.
- Take an incredible 4WD adventure through the breathtaking landscape of Fraser Island. Venture across undulating sand dunes and vast golden beach in search of that iconic outback creature, the dingo!
- Keep your eye out for koalas and kangaroos on your way to a cheese, chocolate and winefilled lunch in the chilledout Hunter Valley – a picturesque region in the rural hills of New South Wales.
- Cruise through the postcardperfect islands of the Whitsundays, including a stop at the worldfamous Whitehaven beach. Surround yourself with dazzling white sands and azure waters as you discover this idyllic corner of Queensland.
- Soak up the beachside vibes of Byron Bay with a free day in this surfer’s haven. Go for a dip in the ocean, listen to buskers by the beach, join a yoga class or just hang loose in a quirky cafe – it’s a hard life!
Explore Australia’s stunning east coast from the iconic cityscapes of Sydney to the tropical hub of Cairns on an epic trip that hits all the highlights in just two weeks. Sample wine and cheese as you venture through the picturesque Hunter Valley, meet cute and cuddly koalas in an animal hospital near Port Macquarie, hike down for a dip in the cascading waters at Dangar Falls then hang loose in the bustling beachside town of Byron. Next, follow the sun-kissed coastline to Queensland and take an off-road adventure across Fraser Island, sail through the picture-perfect islands of the Whitsundays, flop and drop on the palm-fringed sands of Mission Beach and explore the colourful underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef.
Day 1: Sydney
Day 2: Hunter Valley / Newcastle
Day 3: Port Macquarie
Day 4: Port Macquarie / Dorrigo National Park
Day 5: Orara State Forest / Byron Bay
Day 6: Byron Bay
Day 7: Brisbane / Fraser Island (K'gari)
Day 8: Fraser Island (K'gari)
Day 9: Airlie Beach
Day 10: Whitsunday Islands / Airlie Beach
Day 11: Mission Beach
Day 12: Great Barrier Reef / Mission Beach
Day 13: Atherton Tablelands / Cairns
Day 14: Cairns
- Hotel (11 nights), Motel (1 night), Pub (1 night)
- 12 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- private bus , plane
- An expert tour leader
- Sydney - Welcome Dinner
- Hunter Valley - Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Tasting
- Hunter Valley - Wildlife Sanctuary Visit with Ranger
- Port Macquarie - Port Macquarie Sunset Cruise
- Port Macquaire - Meet Volunteers at the Koala Hospital
- Dorrigo National Park - Dangar Falls
- Byron Bay - Visit Byron Bay Farm & farm to plate organic dinner
- Orara Forest - Giingan Cultural Experience with Local Gumbaynggirr Guide
- Fraser Island (K'gari) - Highlights by 4WD, including Eli Creek, Lake McKenzie & 75-Mile Beach
- Whitsunday Islands - Full Day Sailing Adventure
- Whitsunday Islands - Snorkelling
- Whitsunday Islands - Whitehaven Beach Visit
- Great Barrier Reef - Day Cruise & Snorkelling Adventure
- Atherton Tablelands - Highlights Tour
- Any international flights to Sydney and NSW and from Cairns are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sydney to Cairns Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 180+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sydney to Cairns Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 June 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 June 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sydney to Cairns Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sydney to Cairns Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip covers around 2600km / 1615miles over 14 days. There are some long travelling days. (An included flight between Brisbane and Proserpine speeds things up) but it’s all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers.
- The weather can change considerably between Sydney and Cairns. Please check out the weather info in this document and pack accordingly.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.