- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Keep your eye out for kangaroos on your way to a cheese, chocolate and winefilled lunch in the chilledout Hunter Valley – a picturesque region in the rural hills of New South Wales.
- Soak up the beachside vibes of Byron Bay with a free day in this surfer’s haven. Go for a dip in the ocean, listen to buskers by the beach, join a yoga class or just hang loose in a quirky cafe – it’s a hard life!
- Set sail along the azure waters of Port Macquarie on an incredible sunset cruise. Keep an eagle eye out for local pods of dolphins as you enjoy the perfect end to a scenic day.
- Get in touch with Australia’s wilderness and wildlife. Meet cute and cuddly koalas at an animal hospital and explore rainforest and waterfalls in Dorrigo National Park.
Explore wilderness, discover wildlife and indulge in wine on this laid-back adventure from the iconic cityscapes of Sydney to Queensland’s capital of Brisbane. Sample cheese and chocolate as you venture through the picturesque Hunter Valley, get up close to cute and cuddly koalas in an animal hospital near Port Macquarie, hike down for a dip in cascading waters at the beautiful Dangar Falls and hang loose in the bustling beachside town of Byron. From city to surf, wineries to waterfalls, take an epic road-trip that hits all the highlights in just one week.
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
My tour guide, Kelly, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a pleasure to be around!
The group of people from different countries, regions, and ages made it the best tour I have been on.
Below are a few highlights:
1. BBQ in the Grampians
2. Bay of Martyrs
3. Seeing koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat
4. The scenery along the Great Ocean Road
5. A boomerang lesson
6. The entire trip was lovely.”
The Hunter Valley & Newcastle
Dorrigo National Park
- Hotel (4 nights), Pub (1 night) Motel (1 night)
- 5 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners
- An expert tour leader
- Hunter Valley wine, cheese, chocolate and organic vodka distillery tour
- Wildlife Park
- Port Macquarie sunset cruise
- Dangar Falls
- Koala Hospital - Port Macquaire
- Byron Bay farm to plate organic dinner
- Giingan Cultural Experience
- Any international flights to Sydney and NSW and from Brisbane are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sydney to Brisbane Northbound tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 74+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sydney to Brisbane Northbound tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 16 November 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Sydney to Brisbane Northbound tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sydney to Brisbane Northbound tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip covers around 1000km / 620miles over 7 days. There are some long travelling days but it’s all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers.
- The weather can change considerably between Sydney and Brisbane. Please check out the weather info in this document and pack accordingly.
- This trip visits some amazing beaches along the way. Please consider your swimming competency before getting in the water.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Joining point description
The Intrepid Foundation
Your fellow travellers