- City sightseeing
- Adventure activities (trekking)
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 16
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Keep your eye out for kangaroos on your way to a cheese, chocolate and wine tasting in the chilledout Hunter Valley – a picturesque region in the rural hills of New South Wales.
- Soak up the beachside vibes of Byron Bay with a free day in this surfer’s haven. Go for a dip in the ocean, listen to buskers by the beach, join a yoga class or just hang loose in a quirky cafe – it’s a hard life!
- Set sail along the azure waters of Port Macquarie on an incredible sunset cruise. Keep an eagle eye out for local pods of dolphins as you enjoy the perfect end to a scenic day.
- Get in touch with Australia’s wilderness and wildlife. Meet cute and cuddly koalas at an animal hospital and explore rainforest and waterfalls in Dorrigo National Park.
- Enjoy amazing local food including a 'farm to plate' experience in beautiful Byron Bay. Head out and collect local ingredients before indulging in a healthy and delicious dinner.
Explore wilderness, discover wildlife and indulge in wine on this laid-back adventure from the iconic cityscapes of Sydney to Queensland’s capital of Brisbane. Sample cheese and chocolate as you venture through the picturesque Hunter Valley, get up close to cute and cuddly koalas in an animal hospital near Port Macquarie, hike down for a dip in cascading waters at the beautiful Dangar Falls and hang loose in the bustling beachside town of Byron. From city to surf, wineries to waterfalls, take an epic road-trip that hits all the highlights in just one week.
Day 1: Sydney
Day 2: Hunter Valley / Newcastle
Day 3: Port Macquarie
Day 4: Port Macquarie / Dorrigo National Park
Day 5: Orara State Forest / Byron Bay
Day 6: Byron Bay
Day 7: Brisbane
- Hotel (4 nights), Pub (1 night) Motel (1 night)
- 6 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Sydney - Welcome Dinner
- Hunter Valley - Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Tasting
- Hunter Valley - Wildlife Sanctuary Visit with Ranger
- Port Macquarie - Port Macquarie Sunset Cruise
- Port Macquaire - Meet Volunteers at the Koala Hospital
- Dorrigo National Park - Dangar Falls
- Byron Bay - Visit Byron Bay Farm & farm to plate organic dinner
- Orara Forest - Giingan Cultural Experience with Local Gumbaynggirr Guide
- Any international flights to Sydney and NSW and from Brisbane are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sydney to Brisbane Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 78+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sydney to Brisbane Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 June 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 June 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sydney to Brisbane Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sydney to Brisbane Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip covers around 1000km / 620miles over 7 days. There are some long travelling days but it’s all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers.
- This itinerary is the first section of longer combination trips, the 14 day 'Sydney to Cairns Adventure' (trip code PVOSC) and the 18 day 'East Coast Encompassed' (trip code PVSCD)
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.