- Chill out
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Learn to surf at Spot X Surf Camp.
- Bliss out in famous Byron Bay.
- Island hop through the Whitsundays.
- Overnight at a camp in the Noosa Everglades
Now's the time to explore Australia on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Turn your "must-do" list into "been there, done all of that" on this 16-day tour up Australia’s East Coast. This classic Sydney-to-Cairns route introduces you to both sides of modern Australia — the bright lights of the big city and the raw beauty of the Outback. You’ll get to try your hand at everything from surfing to sailing and snorkelling. And when you travel in small groups, you'll get to meet the locals and experience their land as they do. That amazing new frontier you’ve been looking for? Here it is.
Day 1: Sydney
Day 2: Sydney
Day 3: Sydney/Arrawarra
Day 4: Arrawarra
Day 5: Arrawarra/Byron Bay
Day 6: Byron Bay
Day 7: Byron Bay/Brisbane
Day 8: Brisbane/Noosa Everglades
Day 9: Noosa Everglades/Fraser Island
Day 10: Fraser Island/Airlie Beach
Day 11: Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands
Day 12: Whitsunday Islands
Day 13: Whitsunday Islands/Airlie Beach
Day 14: Airlie Beach/Cairns
Day 15: Cairns
Day 16: Cairns
- Hostels (11 nts, multi-share with 4-8 people), overnight train (1 nt), maxi yacht (2 nts, open cabin multi-share), cabin (1 nt). All nights are multi-share on this trip.
9 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD365-475 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, train, maxi yacht, 4x4 vehicle, ferry, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Reef Ecologic Coral Restoration, Whitsunday Islands
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Hands-On Moment: Surfing Lesson, Spot X
- Your Discover Moment: Byron Bay
- Your Discover Moment: Cairns
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Cairns
- Sydney orientation walk
- Fraser Island 4x4 excursion
- Entrance fees to Cooloola Recreation Area and Fraser Island in Great Sandy NP
- Noosa Everglades overnight experience
- Noosa Everglades canoeing excursion
- Whitsunday Islands sailing excursion (3 days)
- Whitehaven Beach visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Sydney and NSW and from Cairns are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Most of the Coast: Sydney to Cairns tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 108+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Most of the Coast: Sydney to Cairns tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Most of the Coast: Sydney to Cairns tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Most of the Coast: Sydney to Cairns tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.